Windows 10: Windows 10 uses only 75% or 3/4 RAM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1.    20 Sep 2016 #31

    Turn off hibernation if you haven't done it already , so you get that space on C:\ back and let the system manage the Page file , 800 mb is not enough unless you also have 800mb on D:\ and 800mb on E :\ ?

    Move the location of your Libraries (Pics,Movies,Documents,Music) to D:\ or E;\ this works fine on low space OS Drives ie small SSD or eMMC Drives.

    Maybe I missed it ?...... we are talking 64bit win10 correct ? if not then 4GB RAM is max supported, so the above ideas are your limited options as 32bit won't see extra Ram even if you buy and install it, you can upgrade to 64bit though...but that means a clean install AFAIK.

    Whats the maximum RAM support for Windows 10 Home Edition and - Microsoft Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Sep 2016 #32

    My system says that 1404 MB is recommended for my C drive, so I set 1404-1404 custom size in my C drive, and yes, I moved all my videos and audio files to D drive and I succeed to free up to 1 GB space. Now I have less than 2 GB available in C. With 1404 MB allocated for page files, only 600 MB is freed now in my C drive
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 21,927
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       21 Sep 2016 #33

    Erez said: View Post
    My system says that 1404 MB is recommended for my C drive, so I set 1404-1404 custom size in my C drive, and yes, I moved all my videos and audio files to D drive and I succeed to free up to 1 GB space. Now I have less than 2 GB available in C. With 1404 MB allocated for page files, only 600 MB is freed now in my C drive
    @Erez Good morning! Are you using Fast Startup? Use this tutorial to check if you are. I don't want you to DO anything, just use the tutorial to check if you are using Fast Startup. Follow it thru Option #1, Step #3..... tell me how the options you see compare to the options in the tutorial. Don't change anything, just look. Thanks, TC....

    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    21 Sep 2016 #34

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    @Erez Good morning! Are you using Fast Startup? Use this tutorial to check if you are. I don't want you to DO anything, just use the tutorial to check if you are using Fast Startup. Follow it thru Option #1, Step #3..... tell me how the options you see compare to the options in the tutorial. Don't change anything, just look. Thanks, TC....

    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    I will try that later. I have many other tasks to do in the next month.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Sep 2016 #35

    Erez said: View Post
    I will try that later. I have many other tasks to do in the next month.
    That's a pity since it will give you more room on C:\ ...... as I said and F14 is trying too .... ie: turn off the hibernation ...if on.... it's worth 2-3GB.

    Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 21,927
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       22 Sep 2016 #36

    Kbird said: View Post
    That's a pity since it will give you more room on C:\ ...... as I said and F14 is trying too .... ie: turn off the hibernation ...if on.... it's worth 2-3GB.

    Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Thanks @Kbird ... simple command line will do it, instantly.

    powercfg -h off
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    22 Sep 2016 #37

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Thanks @Kbird ... simple command line will do it, instantly.

    powercfg -h off
    Yes , that's how I do it too , the Hiberfil file disappears while you watch if file Explorer is open....

    it's actually Option1 in Brink's tutorial above.


    KB.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57.
Find Us