Lowest Possible RAM usage?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7,257
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #31

    @cereberus thats not how ranks work. They're not (for the most part) based on someones perceived knowledge level but their number of posts. Only ranks assigned later on actually indicate some level of knowledge.

    Admin could have easily called "junior member" something else like "bread" and it would still imply that you have just started out on this forum.

    Thats not a particularly polite post also.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 4,172
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP
       #32

    If that is your aim, you are better off visiting a gaming site as they are the best sources for useless hacks even the black viper site no longer advises the type of hacks that were deemed required for Windows Xpired.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 4,172
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP
       #33

    Rank is decided on many things on our forums. yes post count is a minor part but it is mostly based on help given to others and the rep given by those helped
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 13,563
    Windows10
       #34

    Culbrelai said:
    Are you equating forum rank with tech experience? Lol. Have to laugh at that.

    I do not care if the algorithm is good at managing memory. I do want to make Windows 10 as streamlined as possible. If that means i'm making it more inefficient or illogical, oh well. Nobody is forcing you or anyone to reply to me. This was meant to be a brainstorming session for people like me who want to ressurect XP in Windows 10 form.

    Software bloat IS a problem with Windows with each successive release becoming more and more resource intensive for no real gains. XP has been known to beat 7 and 10 in game benchmarks and benchmarks in general. Many overclockers have been known to use XP to get higher scores.

    To quote an anonymous gamer

    "I don't care how hot the GPU runs, or how much power it draws, I want it to play Crysis 3 at 4k at 60 fps -minimum-" (emphasis in original)

    Tl:dr

    I want RAM usage (resource usage as a whole, in fact) to be as low as possible at idle. Even if it is only for synthetic purposes with no real performance gain, even if it costs me functionality to get there.
    I apologise for any offence.

    I would say that you really failed to properly explain to people your reasons for doing what you want, and just seem to be ignoring peoples advice - communication is a two way street. People here do want to help, but the tone of your posts did not come over to me as good technical debate but simply as a person who had made their mind up without understanding.

    You have now stated why as a result of my post.

    If you believe reducing RAM any further is going to help in any way, I wish you luck.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 13,563
    Windows10
       #35

    swarfega said:
    @cereberus thats not how ranks work. They're not (for the most part) based on someones perceived knowledge level but their number of posts. Only ranks assigned later on actually indicate some level of knowledge.

    Admin could have easily called "junior member" something else like "bread" and it would still imply that you have just started out on this forum.

    Thats not a particularly polite post also.
    I agree - I apologise for any offence to OP or persons here.

    However, OP's posts did fail to communicate why he wanted to do, and as a result of my post, we now have a clearer understanding.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #36

    Does it really matter why he wants to do this?? He just does and if there is anyway we can help him out.. why not??
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 13,563
    Windows10
       #37

    BunnyJ said:
    Does it really matter why he wants to do this?? He just does and if there is anyway we can help him out.. why not??
    No - I have apologised - earlier posts were taking a different direction. Now we know exactly why we can give focussed assistance.
      My Computer


  8. Eli
    Posts : 109
    Windwos 10
       #38

    Lowest Possible RAM usage?-low-ram.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11,172
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #39

    cereberus said:
    OP - I am sorry to be a bit harsh here.


    There is a reason why you are a junior member - you do not have enough experience on this forum yet.


    You have been told many times here that you are not understanding the memory management and yet you persist in trying to solve a problem that you think is a problem but is not! Indeed you would make things worse.


    Your post about Cortana absolutely proves my point.


    Cortana is in two parts ie the core search engine, and the vocal user interface. You can disable the vocal interface but not the search engine part. People have removed Cortana completely and SCREWED things up - no search etc.


    So it is time you listen to the advice of people here which basically says leave things alone. If you cannot do that, go to another forum and stop wasting the time of knowledgeable people trying to advise you.
    Hi there

    have to agree with you -- it's not worth getting into slanging matches with these sorts of people.

    In real life there's enough of these idiots too -- for example on British TV there's a program called "Hotel Inspector" where a really experienced woman who has years of experience in managing the whole hospitality business (Alex Polizzi) is asked to help failing hotels / B&B's -- and 90% of the time the people she's trying to help just keep rejecting anything she says !!!! and they wonder why they are going out of business.

    One is never too old or experienced to learn stuff from other people.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13,563
    Windows10
       #40

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    have to agree with you -- it's not worth getting into slanging matches with these sorts of people.

    In real life there's enough of these idiots too -- for example on British TV there's a program called "Hotel Inspector" where a really experienced woman who has years of experience in managing the whole hospitality business (Alex Polizzi) is asked to help failing hotels / B&B's -- and 90% of the time the people she's trying to help just keep rejecting anything she says !!!! and they wonder why they are going out of business.

    One is never too old or experienced to learn stuff from other people.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    On the other hand, I remember the Troubleshooter with John Harvey Jones who did exactly the same and he was the guy largely responsible for the spectacular demise and failure of ICI when he was Chairman, and he gets a knighthood - LOL
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums