Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    14 Jul 2016 #21
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,441
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by gradeabra View Post
    I am using desktop.

    if i check all box in disk clean up they will delete all my window 7 files?
    No only temporary stuff.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Jul 2016 #22
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 68
    vista
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
    300gb hard drive can easily be filled these days, I could fill it in a flash!

    Another program that may be able to help is SpaceSniffer, find lost disk space the easy way., It can show you the size of your folders and files.

    hi,

    Regarding spaceniffer, how do i locate unwanted file and delete them?


    And also how do i uninstall it if i don't want it anymore? Its not in my programme list for uninstalling?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 Jul 2016 #23
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 266
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by gradeabra View Post
    Hi,

    Before i deleted all my unwanted file its 188gb of free space. Now after i disk clean up and deleted all softwaredistribution. Its still 188gb. Do you know what is the problem?
    This is us a guess, did you restart the computer?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 Jul 2016 #24
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 68
    vista
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustMe View Post
    This is us a guess, did you restart the computer?

    yes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Jul 2016 #25
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 68
    vista
    Thread Starter

    I notice that when i am using Win10, free space got used up very fast. May i know what is the cause of it? What should i delete to get back space?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Jul 2016 #26
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,187
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by gradeabra View Post
    I notice that when i am using Win10, free space got used up very fast. May i know what is the cause of it? What should i delete to get back space?
    Mostly updates and upgrades. Should be enough to use Disk cleanup now and than. I also like and use Download UnCleaner - MajorGeeks for occasional sweep. Turn off other stuff if you don't need it, things like hibernate and restore points. They can be space hogs.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    17 Jul 2016 #27
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 68
    vista
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Mostly updates and upgrades. Should be enough to use Disk cleanup now and than. I also like and use Download UnCleaner - MajorGeeks for occasional sweep. Turn off other stuff if you don't need it, things like hibernate and restore points. They can be space hogs.
    How to you turn off hibernate and limit the restore point to maybe only 1 or 2?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 Jul 2016 #28
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,187
    W10 Insider + Linux

    To kill hibernate open Command prompt (as administrator) and give this command: powercfg.exe /hibernate off
    To limit space for restore go to Control panel > System > System protection > and set restore point size for C:. any other disk or partition turn off.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    17 Jul 2016 #29
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 68
    vista
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    To kill hibernate open Command prompt (as administrator) and give this command: powercfg.exe /hibernate off
    To limit space for restore go to Control panel > System > System protection > and set restore point size for C:. any other disk or partition turn off.

    Thanks for the help. By the way isit safe to turn off hibernation? And what is the minimal space i should set for restore point?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Jul 2016 #30
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,187
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by gradeabra View Post
    Thanks for the help. By the way isit safe to turn off hibernation? And what is the minimal space i should set for restore point?
    It's safe to turn off hibernate if you don't use it.
    I keep about 5GB which is more than enough for 3 or 4 points.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Low disk space
Is there anyway to turn this notification off? Its getting annoying.
Drivers and Hardware
Vanishing SSD Space ... :\
What ? About a week ago I had 55 GB free. Now I only have 27. Why ? My downloads folder is clean. So is my trash folder. If I right-click everything (including hidden files) in the C: drive, it says 62 GB. If I right-click the whole drive, it says...
General Support
Solved Not enough space for upgrade
Hi, I'm in possession of a Lenovo Yoga 300, which has Win 8.1 on it. I offered to upgrade it to Win 10 for the owner (the notification says it's fine for this). However, the SSD is only ~20Gb, and after a disk cleanup has only approx 5 or 6Gb's...
Installation and Upgrade
Just upgraded. Problem with disk space at 100%
Just upgraded, but I noticed some performance issues. So I checked in task manager and saw nothing wrong on the processes tab (http://imgur.com/iRXIhRB). Notice it says 2% Disk Usage. But when I go to the Performance tab, I see something different....
Performance & Maintenance
Space saver
Brink has a tutorial posted on cleaning up the Win10 WindowsSxS folder. Those same commands work on Win8.1 and possibly Win7, I can't recall for sure about Win7:huh: With all the large ISOs and ESDs floating around some may be low on space. I...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums