Windows 10: Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading
Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading
Black screen on booting up.
Description, I press the power button to boot the laptop. It acts like it will boot fine. I see the ASUS logo. After that, a black screen(sometimes it will go away - 90% of the time, I have to force shutdown and hold down power button 30-60 seconds. Other observations are that it sounds like the fan is still running or the HDD is making noise (not head crash noise, but it sounds maybe like the fan us running hard?
This randomly happens.
I have a feeling it may be:
User Profile Corruption (I should be using a Local Account)
Signs Hard Disk Failure
Windows Problems in general
Display Adapter, or USB Bluetooth Peripherals (MSFT Sculpt Business Keyboard and Anker USB Bluetooth Mouse)
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Is it likely a HDD issue?
This is driving me crazy.
I have exactly the same problem, just since the Anniversary update on my Vaio. Here are the exact symptoms:
- I boot up the laptop from a cold state.
- The boot appears normal and my personal background appears with the current time. Normally, I would just need to click anywhere on this screen to receive my photo and a login prompt. Up to this point, by the way, I have not heard the Windows dah-dah-di-dah sound.
- When I click on the screen, the background stays, but seems to zoom in slightly. No picture appears, no login prompt appears. The only icons are the WiFi icon and the accommodations icon for visually impaired. This icon functions, but nothing else does, no ctrl-alt-delete. Nothing.
- I am forced to hold down the power key until the computer shuts down and then press it again to start.
- At this point, the process usually proceeds normally (with the dah-dah-di-dah sound) and the login screen with my (circular) photo appears and functions normally.
I am afraid that all of these forced shut-downs will eventually degrade the performance of my computer. Help!!
Pressing Power is not good, you may Damage the HDD, head crash on Surface.
On Log-on Screen there is normally a Power Icon.
Try to boot once in Safe Mode
Try to boot once with Basic Video
My windows 10 lockscreen had flashing at boot up login i troubleshoot but it will not be fixed
Can you find attached file? How it can be solved???
I tried to change my pagefile on my computer, then restarted it. After restarting it, when I try to log in it gets stuck in the loading screen. I decided to try the reset option clearing all data from it, but this ends in a black screen/no input to...
I have a Samsung laptop. I had Windows 10 for about 2 weeks and everything was fine until last week. When I press the power button, the Windows 10 icon appears with the loading icon. After that, I'm getting a black screen for about 3 minutes then my...
When i boot up or reboot my Windows 10 pro after the windows logo is gone i get a black screen flicker once with my mouse loading along with for at least 10 to 15 seconds... not sure if it's a video card issue or what... i have a radeon HD 6570 but...
Windows 10 has installed and everything is working fine, except for when booting up the LCD is black. If I hit power button to go to sleep, then hit again to turn on, the LCD comes on just fine, I've tried 4 different drivers ranging from 2012 to...