Random system freezes for weeks

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,599
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #21

    It doesn't have impact indeed, but I do not like certain services to be enabled from the start.

    Maintenance I do not think of, it happens automatically, though just forced it.

    I'll run the first 2 commands, but I do not think the DISM & SFC commands are necessary, I ran them last night :)

    I'm wondering why some think that a BSOD analyst have much of software installed, I only have 56 programs installed (incl. a few visual c++ stuff) but the only thing installed for BSOD is Windbg & Excel for PID verification for Windows 7 BSOD analysis (I do still need to install Visual Studio, codelobster and xamp).
      My Computers

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,335
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #22

    axe0 said:
    It doesn't have impact indeed, but I do not like certain services to be enabled from the start.

    Maintenance I do not think of, it happens automatically, though just forced it.

    I'll run the first 2 commands, but I do not think the DISM & SFC commands are necessary, I ran them last night :)

    I'm wondering why some think that a BSOD analyst have much of software installed, I only have 56 programs installed (incl. a few visual c++ stuff) but the only thing installed for BSOD is Windbg & Excel for PID verification for Windows 7 BSOD analysis (I do still need to install Visual Studio, codelobster and xamp).
    Because we don't know any better?
    I have 62 programs, from which 12 run at start, 14 if you count Skype desktop and service loader.

    It just doesn't make sense you're having freeze-ups like an old laptop with a 5400rpm HDD and 2GB RAM.

    To test your hardware outside of Windows, you could install Ubuntu on a small partition, and then run Checkbox:
    These screenshots are from my VM, of course for these test, you will need to really install on a partition or spare disk, if you are sure you disk is good:
    Random system freezes for weeks-image-001.png

    Included tests:
    Random system freezes for weeks-image-002.png

    Random system freezes for weeks-image-003.png
      My Computers

  3. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 2,616
    MintMate19x64 Win10Prox64
       #23

    Just a thought. Is your RAM on compatible list with your MB ? You could also manually set the RAM voltage according to the spec or a tad higher instead of Auto.
      My Computer

  4. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,599
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #24

    The memory is not on the compatibility list, my brother (who helped building) told that it shouldn't be a problem.
      My Computers

  5. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 2,616
    MintMate19x64 Win10Prox64
       #25

    axe0 said:
    The memory is not on the compatibility list, my brother (who helped building) told that it shouldn't be a problem.
    Sorry but I would not bet on it. Having built quite a few PC's for self, Family members and friends. Memory timings is very crucial and if it's not on the list then it can cause intermittently frozen.

    You could also try to relax the memory timings a bit to see if it helps. You won't be able to tell any difference in performance.
      My Computer

  6. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,599
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #26

    My system has been stable for a few days now, kinda a record compared to a week ago :)

    What currently is changed in the BIOS after loading the optimal default settings:
    RC6(Render Standby) - Disabled, was Enabled
    Profile DDR Voltage - 1.20V, was auto

    I did not change anything for the timings, would be a bit too much for me.
      My Computers


  7. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,599
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #27

    Another freeze... cheering too soon is an art
    Happened 11:04
    Attachment 88411
      My Computers

  8. Arc's Avatar
    Arc
    Posts : 1,626
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       #28

    axe0 said:
    When it happens the sound stops with the mouse & keyboard, I literally cannot do anything when it happens.
    axe0 said:
    For drivers there are some of Windows Update,
    the Intel graphics driver
    either of the Intel chipset drivers

    The audio, lan and other Intel chipset drivers are from Gigabyte.
    Hello my friend.

    Please use the VGA, INF and Management Engine from Gigabyte, as a test?
      My Computer

  9. axe0's Avatar
    Posts : 14,599
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #29

    Arc said:
    Hello my friend.

    Please use the VGA, INF and Management Engine from Gigabyte, as a test?
    Hi Arc,

    I'm waiting for the weekly system backup which happens on saturday, after that I'll go install those drivers :)
      My Computers

  10. Arc's Avatar
    Arc
    Posts : 1,626
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       #30

    No problem mate.
    There must be a reason behind those freezes, it just needs to be identified.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums