Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    06 May 2016 #1
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10

    SFC Scan error unable to repair


    Hi sorry if this is the wrong section its my first time posting here. My windows 10 recently have had a lot of Explorer exe crashes (task manager) and it wouldn't boot up properly and i finally got it to work after a fresh installation of the os again. I took some advice and did a sfc scan, it said that there was corrupted file that it couldn't fix. I was wondering if someone could help me find out what the problem and a way to fix it thanks. i cant post the file because it is 6.02mb out of the limit of 2mb is there another way i can post this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 May 2016 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,550
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by radi0a1v3 View Post
    Hi sorry if this is the wrong section its my first time posting here. My windows 10 recently have had a lot of Explorer exe crashes (task manager) and it wouldn't boot up properly and i finally got it to work after a fresh installation of the os again. I took some advice and did a sfc scan, it said that there was corrupted file that it couldn't fix. I was wondering if someone could help me find out what the problem and a way to fix it thanks. i cant post the file because it is 6.02mb out of the limit of 2mb is there another way i can post this?
    Hi and welcome to Tenforums.
    The System File Checker (sfc /scannow), sometimes needs to be run several times, with reboots in-between, before things get fixed. Please see the tutorial here:
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    If after at least 3 runs, with reboots in-between, you still have issues, please open an Administrative Command Prompt, and type
    Code:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
    Find the text file on your desktop, and paste it here so we can have a look at what's being flagged.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 May 2016 #3
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Hi I tried to do a reboot but My start bar froze and my laptop started lagging when I dragged my mouse so I held the power button did a reset and now it's on Windows 10 loading screen with the spinning dots

    Edit: update it just done in that screen and now I'm staring at a blank grey screen
    Last edited by radi0a1v3; 06 May 2016 at 20:39.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 May 2016 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,550
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by radi0a1v3 View Post
    Hi I tried to do a reboot but My start bar froze and my laptop started lagging when I dragged my mouse so I held the power button did a reset and now it's on Windows 10 loading screen with the spinning dots

    Edit: update it just done in that screen and now I'm staring at a blank grey screen
    Oh - sorry I was afk for a bit. What's it doing now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 May 2016 #5
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    It's still a grey screen my system restore point was deleted I made one last night in case of any problems I just did a reset rn haven't checked on it yet

    Update: it finished the reset and is now on a black screen no cursor not sure what to do I could do a fresh reinstall of wins 10

    Update: I reformatted I see that Windows 10 isn't compatible with my Intel 4600 graphics the drivers are unable to be installed
    Last edited by radi0a1v3; 07 May 2016 at 00:03.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    07 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,550
    W10Prox64

    Hmmm...not sure about that.
    Drivers & Software

    First one on the list was just released a little over a week ago.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 May 2016 #7
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Hmmm...not sure about that.
    Drivers & Software

    First one on the list was just released a little over a week ago.

    Yea I'm not sure either but I have the Windows update saying error to install for this graphics I looked it up on the Internet and a lot of people were having problems with it. Do you think I should disable it? My laptop has dual graphics a nvidia and a Intel one but my Intel one is for my display so I'm not sure if I should touch it or leave it be.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 May 2016 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,550
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by radi0a1v3 View Post
    Yea I'm not sure either but I have the Windows update saying error to install for this graphics I looked it up on the Internet and a lot of people were having problems with it. Do you think I should disable it? My laptop has dual graphics a nvidia and a Intel one but my Intel one is for my display so I'm not sure if I should touch it or leave it be.
    So you formatted and clean installed, and that's when you got the error? I would think you should be able to disable the integrated video (Intel), and just use the nVidia. Did W10 install, without the Intel graphics?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 May 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,878
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10

    I can not load the onboard Intel 4600 graphics driver either for 8.1/10
    Worked fine with the OEM Windows 8 OS
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 May 2016 #10
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 5
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    So you formatted and clean installed, and that's when you got the error? I would think you should be able to disable the integrated video (Intel), and just use the nVidia. Did W10 install, without the Intel graphics?
    Windows 10 update tried to instal Intel graphics drivers but it failed and when I manually tried it failed and sometimes killing a task with manager would freeze up my whole laptop
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Storage Spaces - Unable to Remove Failed Drive / Repair Pool
I had 3x 3TB drives in a parity pool. It started to fill up so i added a fourth 3TB drive and months later one of the original 3 began to fail on me. Performance was slow, then slower, then it showed disconnected. I retired the drive and added a...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Unable to repair Windows10 using SFC/DISM or in-place upgrade
Hello, Once in awhile I check my system files using SFC, I just checked it but found problems and wasn't able to fix them. So I ran the DISM command but then again couldn't fix it. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth The DISM...
Performance & Maintenance
Unable to run full scan on Windows Defender
I am unable to run a full scan on Windows Defender - the scan runs extremely slowly (only a dozen files per minute) and often hangs. The issue isn't that I have too many files - I've used only half of my available space and full scan worked...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
sfc /scannow: unable to repair some errors; error 800f081f
33374 What affect will these errors have on Windows 10? Are they repairable, if so, how?
Performance & Maintenance
Computer won't boot, Unable to use keyboard on auto Repair
Hello! So yesterday while I was browsing the internet, my computer suddenly began to freeze up and run extremely slow. After roughly 5 minutes of that, I was met with a black screen and really no other choice than to hold down the power button and...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums