Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    29 Mar 2016 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10

    HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube


    Hello I'm not sure if this is caused by an update or not but lately(And I mean just the past 2 or 3 days) my PC has been extremely slow. The disk usage in the task manager is almost always at 90-100% if I open more than one browser confirmed for chrome, firefox, and explorer. All downloads are slow and even opening up basic apps on the desktop lag. If I click and drag an open file window or app I'm met with unbearable stuttering. Restarting the PC fixes the issue momentarily but after sitting idle or opening anything the system quickly deteriorates again. I can't stress enough how annoying it is to open a youtube video and have it play normally for a few seconds before it begins to play as if it's in slow motion. I've tried different solutions around the web with no results including a fresh install of Windows 10. Virus scans show nothing with Bit Defender and I've had this anti virus more months without issues. I'm 100% sure it's not a virus. Is this because of an update? Am I screwed until Microsoft fixes Windows 10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Mar 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 9,892
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Hi, can you post a screenshot or screenshots as appropriate of your task manager organised by highest CPU use at the top, and highest disk use at the top (click the relevant tab to sort).

    You might find trying a clean boot diagnosis may point you in the right direction, but it depends what's going on.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Mar 2016 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Letchworth, UK
    Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit

    There are two possible probloms: 1. Too little ram 2. Too beefy software
    to fix the ram download the free tool Razer Cortex. It says its for gameing but it works. Download here: http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/cortex and for too beefy software, uninstall anything that meets or almost meets you system specs. Consider upgrading the ram and if possible the motherboard and cpu
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Mar 2016 #4
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi, can you post a screenshot or screenshots as appropriate of your task manager organised by highest CPU use at the top, and highest disk use at the top (click the relevant tab to sort).

    You might find trying a clean boot diagnosis may point you in the right direction, but it depends what's going on.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	12 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	72157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	72158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	4 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	72159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	6 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	72160

    It's no longer showing 90-100% on the disk usage anymore but as I'm currently typing and while I took these shots my computer is lagging to the point where I'm getting lag for each letter I type. Right now I have open a youtube video, this website, the task manager, and Nexus mods which I'm using to download one mod sized 570mb. I just downloaded a couple small video files using bitcomet after taking my computer out of sleep and the download was fast without any lag. 10 minutes later it's back to being laggy. This happens after each time I restart the computer too it works for a bit without problems and then suddenly slows down to a crawl. A week ago I could download 30gb of data while watching a youtube video stream flawlessly and no lag to my desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Josbeph View Post
    There are two possible probloms: 1. Too little ram 2. Too beefy software
    to fix the ram download the free tool Razer Cortex. It says its for gameing but it works. Download here: http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/cortex and for too beefy software, uninstall anything that meets or almost meets you system specs. Consider upgrading the ram and if possible the motherboard and cpu
    Yeah I have 16gb of ram that's not the issue, and I have games on my computer but after I reinstalled windows all of my apps were deleted and it's still doing this with barely any games installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Mar 2016 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Letchworth, UK
    Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminSchuetz View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	12 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	72157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	72158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	4 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	72159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).png 
Views:	6 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	72160

    It's no longer showing 90-100% on the disk usage anymore but as I'm currently typing and while I took these shots my computer is lagging to the point where I'm getting lag for each letter I type. Right now I have open a youtube video, this website, the task manager, and Nexus mods which I'm using to download one mod sized 570mb. I just downloaded a couple small video files using bitcomet after taking my computer out of sleep and the download was fast without any lag. 10 minutes later it's back to being laggy. This happens after each time I restart the computer too it works for a bit without problems and then suddenly slows down to a crawl. A week ago I could download 30gb of data while watching a youtube video stream flawlessly and no lag to my desktop.

    Now that I see it, it could be malware. Download the free malware scanner Malwarebytes and scan, you wanna do a full scan. This can take a while
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Mar 2016 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Letchworth, UK
    Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminSchuetz View Post
    Yeah I have 16gb of ram that's not the issue, and I have games on my computer but after I reinstalled windows all of my apps were deleted and it's still doing this with barely any games installed.
    Oh, ok like I say its probably malware. Run a scan (a full scan) with malwarebytes. This will get rid of any malware on your system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Mar 2016 #8
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi, can you post a screenshot or screenshots as appropriate of your task manager organised by highest CPU use at the top, and highest disk use at the top (click the relevant tab to sort).

    You might find trying a clean boot diagnosis may point you in the right direction, but it depends what's going on.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6).png 
Views:	8 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	72164

    100% disk usage while doing a virus scan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Mar 2016 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Josbeph View Post
    Oh, ok like I say its probably malware. Run a scan (a full scan) with malwarebytes. This will get rid of any malware on your system.
    Just finished a full scan of my system, made no difference.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Mar 2016 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 31
    windows 10

    Try: from action center: all settings->system->notifications & actions->Show me tips about
    Turn the feature off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Watch YouTube inside Cortana
Title says it all! Cool feature or not? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56syHQ9lHhU&feature=youtu.be
Windows 10 News
Youtube slow connection speed IE11
Hello I've been noticing a slower than normal connection/download speeds for youtube videos. All other file and video streaming sites and file downloads use my full bandwidth speed while youtube sometimes streams at half or less my full bandwidth...
Browsers and Email
Solved YouTube Slow?
Unsure what is happening here, for a few days now, when I load a youtube video, all I get is a black screen, and I do not see the video until I 'nudge' a few keys and throw mouse at screen (not really!) Whilst this is happening I went up to 200mb...
Browsers and Email
Watch this video Pt.1 and 2 before installing Windows 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wQDcR121mQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lndslWef6M
General Support
Gabe Aul on Windows Weekly watch here
heres link to watch windows weekly with Gabe Aul as guest http://twit.tv/ww
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums