Windows 10: System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory
System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory
Several problems are happening. I don’t know if the extent to which they are related but here they are:
- Earlier today, I attempted, but failed, to install the latest update for the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC). In one place, a message said that it had installed correctly. Another message said that it had failed to install correctly. In the Control Panel, AMD Install Manager and AMD Quick Stream are shown as installed today while the CCC shows an earlier date.
- After the failure to update the CCC, the System and Compressed Memory process is consistently using around 50% of CPU but little memory (in the range of 25 MB).
- Sometimes , but not always, there is a startup error: “CLIStart.exe. There’s no disk in the drive. Please insert disk into drive\device\harddisk\volume Volume8”
- This error has appeared less frequently: “MOM.exe No disk in F.” I have not changed any USB devices recently. It looks like MOM.exe is a replacement for CLI.exe in the CCC. Should I uninstall and reinstall the CCC?
- When I try to uninstall some programs (but not others), the Windows Installer freezes.
- The Event Viewer shows many warnings and errors. I know that I can safely ignore some of them but it is quite challenging to figure out which, if any, I should pay attention to. I would love to share them with someone willing to take a look.
Scannow has shown no problems. Webroot is the AV.
I apologize if not all of these issues should be in the same thread. If I understood the relationships among them, if any, I could divide them more appropriately.
I recently did a clean install of win10 on my laptop.
Ever since then the process called "System memory and compressed memory" has been running at around 15-25% cpu load constantly. It never stops, even when letting the computer idle for hours. The...
Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and...
Why it's taking 380MB of my memory ? Does it important or there is a way to disable it ?
As the title says, in the last day or two i have noticed that "System and compressed memory" is very high for no reason.
It has started to grind my PC to a halt.
Any ideas what could be causing it?
Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB of RAM and it would use 7GB out of the whole 8GB. I recently upgraded to 16GB and everything was...