Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    21 Mar 2016 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,282
    Windows 10 Home

    One thing I HAVE noticed in last month or two is that the TechBench downloads now require validation and then you are given a download link, and that link is what expires in 24 hours. MS has their own timing (generating a lot of TF discussion) on how often the TechBench ISO build is updated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Mar 2016 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,744
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Thank you for clarifying Word Man.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    21 Mar 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 419
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1709 build 16299.15

    for what it is worth, i have had techbench work with the install.wim and i have had it not work. this via dism clean up restore cannot find source files etc. microsoft writes code, i do not. i guess every edition of there iso updates are all the same. what do i know. go at your own chosen speed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Mar 2016 #14
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    One thing I HAVE noticed in last month or two is that the TechBench downloads now require validation and then you are given a download link, and that link is what expires in 24 hours. MS has their own timing (generating a lot of TF discussion) on how often the TechBench ISO build is updated.
    It is the LINK that will expire in 24 hrs. NOT the ISO file that has been downloaded.
    Right ?

    Furthermore, I have created a Tech Bench desktop shortcut about 3 months ago. It still works.
    So, what are we talking about ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    21 Mar 2016 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,744
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    It is the LINK that will expire in 24 hrs. NOT the ISO file that has been downloaded.
    Right ?
    Correct. It's the download link that expires.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    21 Mar 2016 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Correct. It's the download link that expires.
    Thank you.
    I have added another question in post #14.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    21 Mar 2016 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,282
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    It is the LINK that will expire in 24 hrs. NOT the ISO file that has been downloaded.
    Right ?
    Yes, that has been my direct experience - that's why I underlined for emphasis.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Mar 2016 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,282
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    ...Furthermore, I have created a Tech Bench desktop shortcut about 3 months ago. It still works.
    So, what are we talking about ?
    I can only speculate that you grabbed a link before they started incorporating an expiration date, for whatever it's worth. Similarly, I have an old MCT.exe that still downloads build 10240 (last I checked, about a month ago).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    21 Mar 2016 #19
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    I can only speculate that you grabbed a link before they started incorporating an expiration date, for whatever it's worth. Similarly, I have an old MCT.exe that still downloads build 10240 (last I checked, about a month ago).
    I am going to delete my desktop shortcut > go the Tech Bench > create a new shortcut.
    By tomorrow this time, we shall find out if it expires or not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    22 Mar 2016 #20
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,282
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    I am going to delete my desktop shortcut > go the Tech Bench > create a new shortcut.
    By tomorrow this time, we shall find out if it expires or not.
    And?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved DISM question
Awhile ago I downloaded ISO for win 10 - 64 bit English. I downloaded it from Tech Bench I successfully used it once. Today I had to fix whatever results I got from sfc and it gave me a message that cannot find source file. I downloaded a new...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Sfc/dism
SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete. DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." RESOLVED via a Windows 10 refresh second attempt that succeeded after the first would not allow files to be retained. After again creating an...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved DISM Error: 1812 - Can't run DISM or SFC, Win apps won't open
Hello, I've run into a problem where my windows apps will not open. Calc opens with a gray screen just showing the calculator logo...calendar opens to a blue screen only showing the calendar logo, etc. I can't run SFC /scannow due to error...
General Support
DISM and SFC
I posted in the Win 8 forum but saw I should have posted here. I read the corrective material in Win 8 as to how to fix this missing or corrupted files issue but either it is over my level or it is too difficult for me. I have run both programs...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved SFC not working and neither is DISM
Hey, I'm new here. Maybe I should start a new post, but let me just start here, as this thread is the closest to my problem that I can find. I have a very old laptop, but despite the age it has worked relatively fine for my needs with just an...
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums