Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    18 Feb 2016 #11
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,954
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
    And here is a screen shot of what I see:
    OK, I wonder if a restart was needed after changing the settings to enable hibernate?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    18 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    OK, I wonder if a restart was needed after changing the settings to enable hibernate?
    Nope nothing in the tutorial about rebooting the system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 Feb 2016 #13
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,954
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.125

    I'm sadly out of ideas - hope someone else can step in!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    18 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    I'm sadly out of ideas - hope someone else can step in!
    Yeah that thought was slowly but surely creeping up on me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    18 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,196
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    From what I saw in your Disk Management. It is in fact a mess. You have 2 System Reserved partitions: I: and E:. Normally System Reserved partition is hidden (No drive letter assigned), I: is not being used because it is not marked "Active" and you also have 2 partitions marked as Active: C: and E: so my guess is your Windows is not using E: either but was booted up using the Boot Manager in C:.

    There are many reasons for slow boot up.
    1. Invalid drivers
    2. One of the HD corrupted so Windows is having hard time to identify it.
    3. External USB devices
    4. System files corruption


    I suggest to disconnect all HD's and external USB devices except the Windows drive and boot up to make sure that it is booting without the System Reserved partition. If it does, marked the E: partition "Inactive". Please report back what you find....
    Last edited by topgundcp; 18 Feb 2016 at 23:23. Reason: Typo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    19 Feb 2016 #16
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    From what I saw in your Disk Management. It is in fact a mess. You have 2 System Reserved partitions: I: and E:. Normally System Reserved partition is hidden (No drive letter assigned), I: is not being used because it is not marked "Active" and you also have 2 partitions marked as Active: C: and E: so my guess is your Windows is not using E: either but was booted up using the Boot Manager in C:.

    There are many reasons for slow boot up.
    1. Invalid drivers
    2. One of the HD corrupted so Windows is having hard time to identify it.
    3. External USB devices
    4. System files corruption


    I suggest to disconnect all HD's and external USB devices except the Windows drive and boot up to make sure that it is booting without the System Reserved partition. If it does, marked the E: partition "Inactive". Please report back what you find....
    Well today computer booted up within 20 seconds so whatever it was must have disappeared somehow.

    And about my disk management, it's quite easy to understand how it works: C: is using the system reserved in E: <-- that is my best guess because I kind of created the I: drive, like after I had done the migration from G: to C: there was left an unallocated space of 448MB and I thought that if I name it as system reserved it would fix itself somehow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 Feb 2016 #17
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,954
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
    Well today computer booted up within 20 seconds so whatever it was must have disappeared somehow.
    Well, that's good to hear even if it is a mystery why it is back. Maybe fast start-up has reactivated itself.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    19 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    Well, that's good to hear even if it is a mystery why it is back. Maybe fast start-up has reactivated itself.
    Why can't we just be happy that it's back?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    19 Feb 2016 #19
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,954
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.125

    Agree, it's best not to mess around if everything is working. Its just me, I don't like mysteries!

    Have a great day!
    Phil
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    19 Feb 2016 #20
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Hellsinki
    Posts : 383
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    Agree, it's best not to mess around if everything is working. Its just me, I don't like mysteries!

    Have a great day!
    Phil
    But wouldn't you say that it adds to the awesomeness of the mystery if you can't understand or solve it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!
I recently upgraded to Win 10 on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos note book. I went from a boot time of 15 seconds to a 3 min boot time on Windows 10. I already tried disabling non essential start up programs, defragged my HDD, activated hybrid power,...
Performance & Maintenance
Performance & Maintenance Change Chkdsk AutoChk Countdown Time at Boot in Windows 10
How to Change Chkdsk AutoChk Initiation Countdown Time at Boot in Windows 10 Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad sectors, improper shutdowns, bad...
Tutorials
Solved Windows 10 (commerical version) long boot up time
Hi, I recently got Windows 10 upgrade. I have a SSD, Intel i7 processor. The problem is there is about one minute delay after the Windows animation has finished (on boot up) until I get to the lock screen. It means that booting up takes...
General Support
Solved Windows 10 takes a long time to boot
So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo...
General Support
Windows 10 boot time 2 mins
it take 2 mins for the laptop too completely boot up what is wrong any help
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums