Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    26 Feb 2016 #21
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by invincibler View Post
    Have you tried disabling Flash's Hardware Acceleration as per http://www.hulu.com/help/articles/166587?
    Yes. It was turned back on just now (probably from a Flash update) but that's a regular suggestion for video problems. Just now it helped somewhat, but it didn't solve the problem completely. I've also checked (chosen) "use software acceleration" in IE's options.

    I'd think my eyes were playing tricks on me, except that my tablet and old BD player stream smoothly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    26 Feb 2016 #22
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cpmusic View Post
    Yes. It was turned back on just now (probably from a Flash update) but that's a regular suggestion for video problems. Just now it helped somewhat, but it didn't solve the problem completely. I've also checked (chosen) "use software acceleration" in IE's options.

    I'd think my eyes were playing tricks on me, except that my tablet and old BD player stream smoothly.
    Anything from YouTube that stutters for you?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    26 Feb 2016 #23
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    YouTube stutters a bit, not quite as much as Hulu but it's still there. As I recall, YouTube uses HTML5. Chrome is smoother than IE11, if that helps.

    This is the video I'm using as a test, small and full screen: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Official Trailer – “We March Together” - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Feb 2016 #24
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cpmusic View Post
    YouTube stutters a bit, not quite as much as Hulu but it's still there. As I recall, YouTube uses HTML5. Chrome is smoother than IE11, if that helps.

    This is the video I'm using as a test, small and full screen: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 Official Trailer €“ €œWe March Together€ - YouTube
    Alright. When you right click and choose Stats for nerds, what fraction do you see for dropped frames?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Feb 2016 #25
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Dropped frames reads 0/(current frame) throughout the video
    If it helps, resolution is 1280x720@24, and connection speed is 14000-17000 Kbps

    That's a nice feature, BTW -- I didn't know it existed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 Feb 2016 #26
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cpmusic View Post
    Dropped frames reads 0/(current frame) throughout the video
    If it helps, resolution is 1280x720@24, and connection speed is 14000-17000 Kbps

    That's a nice feature, BTW -- I didn't know it existed.
    And it still feels stuttery?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    27 Feb 2016 #27
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Yeah, still stuttery. It's subtle, but it's annoying, especially full screen on my 22" monitor or 40" plasma TV. I'm thinking there must be a problem somewhere in my PC's hardware or software. I just can't figure out what it is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    27 Feb 2016 #28
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Pro

    Can you check out this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifjbDOITozE Does it stutter for you?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    27 Feb 2016 #29
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by invincibler View Post
    Can you check out this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifjbDOITozE Does it stutter for you?
    Yes, sad to say. And that clip is running at 60 fps, and the stats show no dropped frames.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    27 Feb 2016 #30
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cpmusic View Post
    Yes, sad to say. And that clip is running at 60 fps, and the stats show no dropped frames.
    You mentioned adding a new graphics card. What is it? Also, which port are you hooking your monitor up to, the motherboard's port or the graphics card port?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
viewing local video files in chrome no longer works?
So I'm trying out the chromecast device to hopefully eliminate having to move my laptop across the room and connect it via hdmi every night to watch movies on my tv screen. In windows 7 I could just drag the file into a new chrome page and it would...
Browsers and Email
streaming video
Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that...
Network and Sharing
Watching/streaming Video's
Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just...
General Support
Streaming Video From Win 10 PC To Xbox 360
Hey all, newbie here. :p So I've registered for the upgrade for Win 10 but I'm still on the waiting list. Before I upgrade I would like to know something. I'm currently on Win 8.1 Pro on my laptop downstairs and I have an Xbox 360 upstairs. I...
Network and Sharing
Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error
Hello tenforums members, I upgraded my Lenovo U310 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 a week ago. Everything seems to have upgraded successfully. The only problem that I can find is that none of the video streaming from Windows 10 apps can be...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums