Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    22 Feb 2016 #11
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,001
    Mac OS Sierra

    We have to look at both sides, because the OpenGL standard is what we are dealing with. Also Windows 10 has a lot more Updated code that was not in 7 & 8.

    NVidia has always been behind the curve. You have to keep an eye on the Linux forums, since they are going to discuss any issues with video and audio more then the Windows forums.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,328
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    We have to look at both sides, because the OpenGL standard is what we are dealing with. Also Windows 10 has a lot more Updated code that was not in 7 & 8.

    NVidia has always been behind the curve. You have to keep an eye on the Linux forums, since they are going to discuss any issues with video and audio more then the Windows forums.
    The main point is the fact the Linux issue was a Linux programming problem and NOT a Nvidia problem. Nvidia did nothing to correct THEIR drivers for Linux. It was Linux that made the changes. But on the Windows 10 side of this, Nvidia has made a change in how its installed into Windows 10. MS has not as of yet anyhow made ANY changes to address the issue, so Nvidia changed into which directories it installs their Opencl.dll files in their latest release, which for now, has fixed the issue with the Opencl.dll file not passing the SFC Scannow process, as it no longer overwrites the MS opencl.dll files.

    We HAVE been discussing this issue for MONTHS on THIS Forum bty..... I know cause I have been doing it myself along with others since we changed to Windows 1511 builds. We did not discuss this prior to the release of Windows build 1511 because their was no problem with Nvidia drivers BEFORE Windows 10 build 1511.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    22 Feb 2016 #13
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,001
    Mac OS Sierra

    SFC /SCANNOW shows opencl.dll bad


    Again Linux is not different programming. It uses C & C++. The drivers for NVidea do not care about if it is Windows, since they are written on the OpenGL platform.

    OpenGL does not care if it is Linux, Mac OS-X or Windows. DirectX has not been used by NVidea or AMD for about two years now. That is because OpenGL and OpenGL ES is Cross Platform capable, where as Microsoft's proprietary DirectX and Direct3D are not.

    The problem when 10 came out. Microsoft did not update NVidea plane and simple.

    Microsoft has a very bad habit in using extortion on chipset manufacturers to play by their rules.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,328
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    Again Linux is not different programming. It uses C & C++. The drivers for NVidea do not care about if it is Windows, since they are written on the OpenGL platform.
    What I meant was, Linux had to fix their OS to include the new Opencl.dll file, and be able to RUN it!!! Nvidia did nothing to change their driver for Linux.

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    OpenGL does not care if it is Linux, Mac OS-X or Windows. DirectX has not been used by NVidea or AMD for about two years now. That is because OpenGL and OpenGL ES is Cross Platform capable, where as Microsoft's proprietary DirectX and Direct3D are not.
    That's is ALMOST true, except on THIS last New Update, it was Nvidia that DID change their driver to run with Windows 10 without giving ERRORS when any user would run SFC /Scannow (MS would remove 1 Opencl.dll and replace 2 others with theirs) In this case MS did nothing to fix this driver problem with Nvidia at all, So Nvidia DID!!! But, has done nothing about the other OS's like you wrote. THIS IS the difference .......that I am talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    The problem when 10 came out. Microsoft did not update NVidea plane and simple.
    Microsoft has a very bad habit in using extortion on chipset manufacturers to play by their rules.
    MS still has done nothing, again in this case it was Nvidia that has made small changes as to how it installs itself unto Windows 10. But, Windows 10 version 10240 (early releases) did not have this opencl problem. Only showed up with the later version of 1511. Which has now been fixed BY Nvidia. Not MS
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll
Hi guys. I am hoping you can help me as i don't wish to do a full reinstall. Spoke to Microsoft who couldn't help. I have looked through the excellent tutorial posted on here with regards to SFC issues but i'm unsure if i am doing something...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Opencl.dll on sfc /scannow
hey guys long time lurker here, usually i find solutions on my problem but this time around, i have no idea what to do! Short story: ran sfc /scannow and got the message "found corrupt files but cannot repair," specifically regarding Opencl.dll....
General Support
Solved Failed to Initialize OpenCL
First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. ...
Software and Apps
Solved Running sfc /scannow shows that there are errors
Things are not going well for me. Multiple system issues are being reported in the Reliability Monitor although these are not obvious while using the OS. One of the things I have now tried is sfc /scannow from a command prompt in both normal and...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Missing OpenCL.dll
Hi All, So, I upgraded to Windows 10 a day back using the media creation tool, and the install went fine. After I restarted the PC for the first time, I got an error saying that OpenCL.dll is missing. I searched online forums and it said that it...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums