Windows 10: Has anyone use the free Image backup . can they backup Window 10 Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 18,643
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       06 Feb 2016 #11

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I'll see Mike's 3 dittos, and raise him 3 more.. .

    PLUS, in addition to rescue DVD/USB Thumb, you can have it as a boot menu option. Easy to set up. Macrium Reflect Free
    . Download the user guide, it is quite useful...http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v...df?src=sidebar
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    06 Feb 2016 #12

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I'll see Mike's 3 dittos, and raise him 3 more.. .

    PLUS, in addition to rescue DVD/USB Thumb, you can have it as a boot menu option. Easy to set up. Macrium Reflect Free
    . Download the user guide, it is quite useful...http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v...df?src=sidebar
    Thanks TC, I did not know this.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 18,643
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       06 Feb 2016 #13

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    Thanks TC, I did not know this.
    Choose PE 10 environment. Under tools....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-06_20h23_30.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	62822
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    06 Feb 2016 #14

    When I need this to work, it will ask for the external back up drive ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,996
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       06 Feb 2016 #15

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    When I need this to work, it will ask for the external back up drive ?
    Macrium can use a external or a 2nd internal drive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 18,643
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       06 Feb 2016 #16

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    When I need this to work, it will ask for the external back up drive ?
    Can't post screenshot, but there's an option to browse for backup image to restore, very similar to File Explorer. Just browse for it and click.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    06 Feb 2016 #17

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Can't post screenshot, but there's an option to browse for backup image to restore, very similar to File Explorer. Just browse for it and click.
    OK, so this is when I connect the external drive then ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 18,643
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       06 Feb 2016 #18

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    OK, so this is when I connect the external drive then ?
    Never tried it in that sequence because my EXT drives are always connected. Can't remember if there's a refresh button or not. You can try it that way, if it doesn't see it, reboot to Macrium after you connect the drive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    06 Feb 2016 #19

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Never tried it in that sequence because my EXT drives are always connected. You can try it that way, if it doesn't see it, reboot to Macrium after you connect the drive.
    Hmm, I thought it was not safe to have your back up drive connected all the time, so nothing
    could attack it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 18,643
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       06 Feb 2016 #20

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    Hmm, I thought it was not safe to have your back up drive connected all the time, so nothing
    could attack it.
    I have other stuff on them also. I do eject them and disconnect doing a new build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi -- I am looking for a good imaging program that will back up individual partitions in W10 -- including the boot partition. Preferably it's free but doesn't have to be. I had previously tried Aomei Backupper with W8.1 but just had a lot of...
System image backup in Performance & Maintenance
Hey guys. Sorry if this ain't the proper section. I'm trying to back up a system image on windows 10 but every time it gives me an error saying the backup failed and that "The specific backup storage location has the shadow copy on another volume."...
Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10 in Performance & Maintenance
I've recently upgraded 8.1 to 10. Things seemed somewhat okay but before I try to do anything with programs, etc., I want to back up and also make a system image to an external drive. This will not happen, I get error codes, 0x807800c5 and...
What do people think is the best fastest full image backup for Windows 10, like Macrium or Paragon whatever, free or paid. Also being able to do an image to put on any PC or migrating to SSD etc.
Image Backup - Win 10 in General Support
I may be the first one to do it, or maybe not. But just a reminder to everyone (who did hard installation on SSDs and HDDs). All of us here have just clean installed the Win 10 Tech Preview. If it's running okay now, before you go any further...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:14.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums