pc slowing down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 9
    windows 10
       #1

    pc slowing down


    Hello
    I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now it is very slow ..... can somebody tell me what's wrong with it ?
    I have processor:intel core i7 6500U 2.5-2.6
    video card :Geforce 940M with 2gb dedicated vram
    RAM:8 gb
    hard drive :1000gb
      My Computer

  2. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 30,380
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #2

    Hi, it would help a lot if you would post screenshots of your task manager, different tabs, organised by highest usage at the top.
    You've easily enough RAM as you know. Mine's similar but i3 processor. Boots to lock screen in <15s with over 300 progs installed.

    Thanks
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 150
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    Kristiqn said:
    Hello
    I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now it is very slow ..... can somebody tell me what's wrong with it ?
    I have processor:intel core i7 6500U 2.5-2.6
    video card :Geforce 940M with 2gb dedicated vram
    RAM:8 gb
    hard drive :1000gb
    Who is the manufacturer of the laptop, and did Win 10 come pre-installed or did you upgrade from Win 7 or 8?

    Some OEM'S have problems that are easily fixed. Also, have you tried running an A/V scan? Possible infection.
      My Computer

  4. DMGrier's Avatar
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Build 1803
       #4

    I would first look at the event viewer > system and the applications to look for possible error's. Then like mentioned above look at task manager. like mentioned above one of these should show some possible indication to a virus or system failure.

    I would also look in task manager for what applications are set to boot with the system, a lot of the bloat is and if you added some too the list that can explain it as well.

    If all of these are clean that I would go to control panel to ensure all bloat is removed, check the HDD with crystal disk info, run a security scan with Malwarebytes and finally go to device manager and update all my drivers.

    Let us know though if you find anything interesting in the event viewer or task manager.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    pc slowing down-2016_02_15_08_28_091.png this screenshot i have made when daemon tools loaded alien isolation
    and this is when i started alien isolation on daemon tools pc slowing down-2016_02_15_08_32_112.png
      My Computer

  6. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 30,380
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #6

    Hi, thanks, I'm afraid about all I can make out from the first screenshot is that you have some high disk activity related to a game, I suppose from what you said.

    The second is more interesting, in that you have very high RAM use, which will certainly slow things down. But does that only occur when you're trying to start your game?

    First, in what specific circumstances is your PC slow? Only when you do certain particular things or in general.. e.g. using a word processor, open explorer.. when otherwise it should be idle- or is the problem only when you're trying to launch this game using Daemon Tools?

    If so, I'd suggest finding a different way to launch the game.

    Second, can you post a screenshot of your task manager organised by highest use in whichever column there's most activity when you're not doing anything with games.. i.e your PC should be idle. This will establish that you have good idle conditions (not always true for a few with Win 10)
      My Computers

  7. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 7,134
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #7

    Have you run a full anti-virus scan? What av software do you have installed?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    AnEdge said:
    Who is the manufacturer of the laptop, and did Win 10 come pre-installed or did you upgrade from Win 7 or 8?

    Some OEM'S have problems that are easily fixed. Also, have you tried running an A/V scan? Possible infection.

    the manufacturer is Acer when i bought my laptop it didnt have operating system so i paid to a man who worked there to install me a windows 10 education i am not very good with computers so i dont actually know what to do with mine to fix it......
    Last edited by Kristiqn; 15 Feb 2016 at 06:49.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    dalchina said:
    Hi, thanks, I'm afraid about all I can make out from the first screenshot is that you have some high disk activity related to a game, I suppose from what you said.

    The second is more interesting, in that you have very high RAM use, which will certainly slow things down. But does that only occur when you're trying to start your game?

    First, in what specific circumstances is your PC slow? Only when you do certain particular things or in general.. e.g. using a word processor, open explorer.. when otherwise it should be idle- or is the problem only when you're trying to launch this game using Daemon Tools?

    If so, I'd suggest finding a different way to launch the game.

    Second, can you post a screenshot of your task manager organised by highest use in whichever column there's most activity when you're not doing anything with games.. i.e your PC should be idle. This will establish that you have good idle conditions (not always true for a few with Win 10)
    pc slowing down-2016_02_15_12_30_321.png
    this is my avarage used ram when only UTORRENT running ...The high ram usage is mostly when launching a big game like alien isolation or dirt rally when i launch the games with daemon tools before installing them .When i bought my laptop i installed alien isolation and everything started fast daemon tools opened the instalation guide very fast and it started installing but i think after installing the game and after installing pro evolution soccer 2016 the laptop became slower the games are installed but i dont play them now could the instalation of the games made my laptop slower ? It is slower in every paragraph when i turn it on it starts like 2 minutes when i run a song with km player it starts like 10-15 seconds after i launch it , when i start google chrome or opera it needs atleast 10 seconds to open
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 9
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    swarfega said:
    Have you run a full anti-virus scan? What av software do you have installed?
    windows defender
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums