Upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 64bit, Eventlog errors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    22 Jan 2016 #1

    Upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 64bit, Eventlog errors


    Hi guys
    newbie here

    firstly i would like to say thanks for popping in!

    today i decided to finally plunge into windows 10 from windows 7 64bit, during my time with windows 7 it has been, more or less, flawless.

    I decided to upgrade (i cant exactly clean install due to the nature of my config, i cant reinstall some programs, files arent consolidated for migration, etc)

    Windows 10 is growing on me, however i like peeking into the eventlog now and again to see if there are any errors, i spent time cleaning up my windows 7 event log to prevent errors from showing (troubleshooting potential problems etc)

    however in windows 10 i am seeing non-familiar errors in my event logs.
    i would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with these errors:

    "The User Data Storage_3ff38/User Data Access_3ff38/Sync Host_3ff38/Sync Host_3ff38/Contact Data_3ff38/ service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service: event 7031"

    "The server {7006698D-2974-4091-A424-85DD0B909E23} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout: Event id 10010"


    about 100 different combination of this
    "Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ActivateWindowsSearch definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe. Event 414"


    "The NLS operation failed because the registry key Control Panel\International\User Profile cannot be opened. Error code is 2. Error message: The system cannot find the file specified.event 1001"



    The process failed to handle ERROR_ELEVATION_REQUIRED during the creation of a child process.




    these errors are filling up my event log at a crazy rate, any help would be appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 Jan 2016 #2

    My Event Viewer is also full of errors although the system is pretty much rock solid.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Jan 2016 #3

    wreckwriter said: View Post
    My Event Viewer is also full of errors although the system is pretty much rock solid.
    same, however i prefer not to have errors...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Jan 2016 #4

    pazy66 said: View Post
    same, however i prefer not to have errors...
    Yea, me too. I think a lot of it will disappear as 10 gets better. Best luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    23 Jan 2016 #5

    pazy66 said: View Post
    Hi guys
    newbie here

    firstly i would like to say thanks for popping in!

    today i decided to finally plunge into windows 10 from windows 7 64bit, during my time with windows 7 it has been, more or less, flawless.

    I decided to upgrade (i cant exactly clean install due to the nature of my config, i cant reinstall some programs, files arent consolidated for migration, etc)

    Windows 10 is growing on me, however i like peeking into the eventlog now and again to see if there are any errors, i spent time cleaning up my windows 7 event log to prevent errors from showing (troubleshooting potential problems etc)

    however in windows 10 i am seeing non-familiar errors in my event logs.
    i would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with these errors:

    "The User Data Storage_3ff38/User Data Access_3ff38/Sync Host_3ff38/Sync Host_3ff38/Contact Data_3ff38/ service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service: event 7031"

    "The server {7006698D-2974-4091-A424-85DD0B909E23} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout: Event id 10010"


    about 100 different combination of this
    "Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ActivateWindowsSearch definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe. Event 414"


    "The NLS operation failed because the registry key Control Panel\International\User Profile cannot be opened. Error code is 2. Error message: The system cannot find the file specified.event 1001"



    The process failed to handle ERROR_ELEVATION_REQUIRED during the creation of a child process.




    these errors are filling up my event log at a crazy rate, any help would be appreciated.


    Hey Pazy. Welcome aboard.

    It was driving me crazy that they were there also, Even though I have my system running like Usain Bolt !!
    Brink put out a great tutorial on how to clear the whole event viewer in one fell swoop.

    Run this cmd as admin

    for /F "tokens=*" %1 in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO wevtutil.exe cl "%1"


    Here's the link https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...s-windows.html

    All of this is of course your not having any problems, Its a good mulligan!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    23 Jan 2016 #6

    AnEdge said: View Post
    Hey Pazy. Welcome aboard.

    It was driving me crazy that they were there also, Even though I have my system running like Usain Bolt !!
    Brink put out a great tutorial on how to clear the whole event viewer in one fell swoop.

    Run this cmd as admin

    for /F "tokens=*" %1 in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO wevtutil.exe cl "%1"


    Here's the link https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...s-windows.html

    All of this is of course your not having any problems, Its a good mulligan!!

    This doesnt solve the CAUSE of the problems...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    23 Jan 2016 #7

    pazy66 said: View Post
    This doesnt solve the CAUSE of the problems...
    Have you run an sfc/scannow to see if you have any corrupt files?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    23 Jan 2016 #8

    AnEdge said: View Post
    Have you run an sfc/scannow to see if you have any corrupt files?
    yes, this is one of the first things i do when installing / upgrading OS's
    i even did a clean install, which still showed the errors up, the NLS error is one that frequently comes up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    23 Jan 2016 #9

    Even with a clean install...Hmmm...maybe you have some hardware issues. Who is the OEM of your system?

    I have an HP and a few of their installed system programs were causing havoc when I went from 7 to 10. Took a long time to figure out what it was.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    23 Jan 2016 #10

    AnEdge said: View Post
    Even with a clean install...Hmmm...maybe you have some hardware issues. Who is the OEM of your system?

    I have an HP and a few of their installed system programs were causing havoc when I went from 7 to 10. Took a long time to figure out what it was.

    no hardware issue, no problems / errors in eventlog with win7, my build is custom, built by myself i do routine checks to make sure everything is in working order.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I originally upgraded to Win 10 over Win 8.1 when it first came out. Recently it started to slow up and I decided to reinstall from a DVD which I'd burnt as ISO disc from Win10 software from Microsoft download site. I had also saved the product...
Windows 10 32bit vs 64bit in General Support
Hey guys, Today i go reinstalling ntb HP 15-r008nc and here its original preinstalled OS (Windows 8.1 with Bing 64Bit) Ntb have 4GB ram, intel celeron n2840 @ 2.16Ghz.. My question is which version of OS you recommend. Windows 10 32bit or 64...
Hey guys as the title says can you plz tell how to track services via eventlog name in cmd See the below images for more information http://www.ultraimg.com/images/4ffd59.png http://www.ultraimg.com/images/151035.png...
I was running Win7 off of a 64gig SSD. It was full and I knew I should upgrade it before I went to Win10 so I used a cloning tool to clone the C drive and hidden partition to a new 240gig SSD. I removed the old drive and restarted. Everything...
Can someone please explain what to do to resolve these errors in eventlog? Service Control manager 7031The User Data Access_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:06.
Find Us