Right clicking on folders...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 27
    windows 10
       #1

    Right clicking on folders...


    ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #2

    bjorn1 said:
    ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason?
    Can be many reasons for slow response on a system, how does rest of the system work and other slow responses ?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 27
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    It's flying and no other slow responses..
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #4

    bjorn1 said:
    It's flying and no other slow responses..
    You had a thread with a bad SSD is that off the system ?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #5

    Can be caused by shell extensions, as when you right click these extensions are put in there by third party software. Try to disable them, do you have CCleaner can be sued for this or there are other free software like http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 26
    Windows 10 Home (x64)
       #6

    I would assume it's either CPU/RAM/HDD/SSD overload (90-100% usage) or a virus. Could also be a fragmented HDD having trouble finding the folder, or an un-optimized SSD not running as it could.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 27
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Yes, jds63 - same system.I use both Classic Shell and Ccleaner, so I will take it from there. OS-SSD is in good health and no virus. Thanks!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5,478
    2004
       #8

    jds63 said:
    Can be caused by shell extensions, as when you right click these extensions are put in there by third party software. Try to disable them, do you have CCleaner can be sued for this or there are other free software like http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
    I'd look into this also but use nirsoft rather than CCleaner disable the shell extensions as CCleaner doesn't always show them all.

    Disable all the non-Microsoft ones log out and in and see if it is fixed. If it is you can then gradually turn them back on until you find the one causing the problem.

    For me it was Intel igfxDTCM causing the right click issue.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 27
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    I'LL check, thank you...
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #10

    bjorn1 said:
    Yes, jds63 - same system.I use both Classic Shell and Ccleaner, so I will take it from there. OS-SSD is in good health and no virus. Thanks!
    O.k. Bjorn, because you told us this is only issue of slow down, then use the Nirsoft software. If problem goes away then you can enable each one till find the one causing the issue. If need more help on how to use this software post back. I am not familiar with using Classic shell to know if this can cause any issue related to this. Your Welcome.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums