Windows 10: windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 9
    windows 10 build 10586
       19 Jan 2016 #1

    windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow


    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar

    Windows 10 pro x64 licensing
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    19 Jan 2016 #2

    edhappy said: View Post
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar

    Windows 10 pro x64 licensing


    This method requires you to have an isodownloaded from Tech Bench.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

    Once you have it downloaded from Tech Bench, right click at it > click Mount> leave it there.
    Now go back to your elevated command prompt, at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this command line......................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : d is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation issuccessful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

    You may have to run the sfc scan a few times for it to fix the files

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 64bit
       19 Jan 2016 #3

    How about if the ISO from Techbench is, let's say, build 10586.0 and you're currently running 10586.63?
    Wouldn't rebuilinding the image from an "old" ISO corrupt the image itself? Is Windows smart enough?

    AFAIK MS always said that Reset functionality in W10 should keep your latest WUpdates, hence I'm thinking that the image itself is being continously updated to let this, in case of emergency.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,841
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       19 Jan 2016 #4

    the command that should be run FIRST is

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       19 Jan 2016 #5

    AnEdge said: View Post

    This method requires you to have an isodownloaded from Tech Bench.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

    Once you have it downloaded from Tech Bench, right click at it > click Mount> leave it there.
    Now go back to your elevated command prompt, at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this command line......................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : d is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation issuccessful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

    You may have to run the sfc scan a few times for it to fix the files

    You are copying my past reply word by word.
    I would appreciate that you also acknowledge where the reply you copied from and who wrote that.
    That's common curtesy and decency.

    Using what some wrote and post it as if it is your writing is considered by most people as plagiarism.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 Jan 2016 #6

    I apologize , I thought I had acknowledge you in the post. Please forgive me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       19 Jan 2016 #7

    AnEdge said: View Post
    I apologize , I thought I had acknowledge you in the post. Please forgive me
    Apology accepted.
    You are very gracious.
    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 9
    windows 10 build 10586
    Thread Starter
       19 Jan 2016 #8

    error:0x800f081f dism log

    the source files could not be found
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
    windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       19 Jan 2016 #9

    edhappy said: View Post
    error:0x800f081f dism log

    the source files could not be found
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
    In that case, please use the advice posted by AnEdge, post #2.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 9
    windows 10 build 10586
    Thread Starter
       19 Jan 2016 #10

    I'm so done .... ISO downloaded, mounted on the command line ordered!


    and now this error, check the logs, I do not understand them
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hey guys, So how do you like the build 10586.26? What are your general impressions? The issues I noticed on earlier versions of win 10 seem ironed out and everything Is working ok. What do you guys think about it?
51860 More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/next-windows-10-mobile-build-could-be-10586-29-497142.shtml Update: 51870
Source: Windows 10 SDK Build 10586 breakdown | Building Apps for Windows
I just download Windows 10 Build 10586 direct from a Microsoft Download site. Installed clean from the ISO. Activated by my Windows 8.1` activation key. Very cool. But what's with the new numbering scheme. Unusually the downloaded ISO name was...
Here there are: ;) 47178 47179 47180 Soon more!
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38.
Find Us