Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    16 Jan 2016 #1
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Fans are speeding up like crazy help


    Just bought a Windows PC, its my first one since 2006 (I have only used macs since then)
    I have no idea what to do , or why the fans are so high, even when I dont do anything on the computer?
    What can I do? I Tried to go look in the BIOS settings , and I tried to change "normal" on all fans (default) to QUIET, even though it said it could heat up easier if I wanted to have that on. I didnt care and just wanted to see if that would solve my problem. Nothing happened, it was still the same. So I went back and turned it on to the default "normal" setting once again. And now I have no more ideas, because I have never had this problem before and also, I am kinda lost when it comes to Windows Pc's. Any help at all would be great. It is a fresh new Computer so it has no dust or anything like that.
    I tried to fill in my PC specs so you can have a look down there for info on what I have in it, please help? Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Jan 2016 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,639
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    What are your CPU temps? Did you build the computer, is it new? How are the fans connected?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    16 Jan 2016 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    I would say there is a defunct sensor somewhere. What happens when you set the system into sleep and then resume from sleep 2 minutes later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 Jan 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,193
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    Look at your system specs, it looks like your PC is custom built and OC'ed at 4.2GHZ. Do you use stock heatsink ? If so, double check if it is seated properly. When OCing, it is advisable to use a good heatsink to avoid over heating.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 Jan 2016 #5
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    What are your CPU temps? Did you build the computer, is it new? How are the fans connected?
    when the computer is just idling and im not doing anything the temp is around 20C and when im in chrome webbrowser with a few tabs its around 26C . The computer is new but i didnt built it. I dont know how the fans are connected. How can i check or in how many ways can you connect a fan ? Im new to all this.

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I would say there is a defunct sensor somewhere. What happens when you set the system into sleep and then resume from sleep 2 minutes later.
    It goes up like a "jet engine" . It even scares my poor cat

    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    Look at your system specs, it looks like your PC is custom built and OC'ed at 4.2GHZ. Do you use stock heatsink ? If so, double check if it is seated properly. When OCing, it is advisable to use a good heatsink to avoid over heating.
    I dont have a stock heatsink . All my specs are written down i hope i didnt miss anything ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Jan 2016 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,193
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    I dont have a stock heatsink . All my specs are written down i hope i didnt miss anything ?
    My bad. Yes, you are indeed using Antec Kühler H2O 650.
    Looking at the reviews from Newegg, this cooler does not have a good rating due to either failed pump or loud fan.

    On your MB, there's a 3-pin or 4-pin connector marked as CPU Fan, Make sure you have it connected as shown.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	59276
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 Jan 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,639
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    Do you have the Antec software installed? You can control the fans through the software. The Antec software controls the fans by the settings for the coolant temp. Try adjusting the coolant temps and see if it will slow down the fans. However, if you slow them down too much, the CPU temps will rise. If they rise too much, you will have worse problems than a loud fan. You can also replace the fans with quieter more efficient ones.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    17 Jan 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    My bad. Yes, you are indeed using Antec Kühler H2O 650.
    Looking at the reviews from Newegg, this cooler does not have a good rating due to either failed pump or loud fan.

    On your MB, there's a 3-pin or 4-pin connector marked as CPU Fan, Make sure you have it connected as shown.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	59276
    Thanks, so its most likely my cpu fan that makes that noise. Its connected with a 3-pin. Beacuse of warranty im afraid to open the case, but ive looked throu the glas of the case and its def. a 3-pin but i dont see any marked texts with "cpu fan" .

    If anyone else have other opinions please post below . TIA
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    17 Jan 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Do you have the Antec software installed? You can control the fans through the software. The Antec software controls the fans by the settings for the coolant temp. Try adjusting the coolant temps and see if it will slow down the fans. However, if you slow them down too much, the CPU temps will rise. If they rise too much, you will have worse problems than a loud fan. You can also replace the fans with quieter more efficient ones.

    Thank you so much, I will do a google on that app and have a look. Great tip!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Jan 2016 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,639
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider

    Look up the cooler on the Antec site and you should be able to download it from there. The CPU fan headers are normally just above the CPU and are normally marked. But the marking ate quite small and would probably need the case open to see them. It should be a 4 pin header.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Asus Laptop Fans WHIR ON a little too much (I think)
Greetings, I'm a Windows noob. Enjoying 10 very much. However my Asus k501lx-eb71 has two fans -- and they kick in a little too much. I eye task manager and it's not that something is running crazy. The fans simply kick on and off with any...
Performance & Maintenance
After hibernating/sleep my fans go at full speed, and HDD is off
I have to force shut down in order to continue. If I hibernate, my PC just resumes correctly. Shut down worked fine last time I checked and this only happens on Windows 10.
Performance & Maintenance
Fans and keyboard lights stay on when hibernating or sleeping
Hi all, Installed Windows 10 a while ago, and have just now gotten around posting somewhere about this issue. Basically, my laptop will not fully enter sleep or hibernate modes, and the fans and keyboard lights will stay on. This seems to...
Performance & Maintenance
GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown
Hello, my PC has been having weird shutdown lately. When the screen goes black at the end of the shutdown, I hear my fans and components stop working, the PSU relay clicks, but the GPU keeps working and its fans keeping spinning (maybe some other...
Graphic Cards
Windows 10 Launch: Celebrating with our Fans and #UpgradeYourWorld
Source: Windows 10 Launch: Celebrating with our Fans and Announcing #UpgradeYourWorld | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums