Windows 10: Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

  1.    03 Jan 2016 #1

    Found corrupt files (SFC scan)


    Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."


    Full DISM log:
    http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       03 Jan 2016 #2

    CandleJakk said: View Post
    Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."


    Full DISM log:
    http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    > press Enter.

    It will take some time.
    When it is finished, it will give you the report.

    There is a chance you get the error code and message that " sources file could not be found ".
    If that happens, please post back. There is a way to fix that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Jan 2016 #3

    davidhk said: View Post
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    > press Enter.

    It will take some time.
    When it is finished, it will give you the report.

    There is a chance you get the error code and message that " sources file could not be found ".
    If that happens, please post back. There is a way to fix that.
    " Sources file could not be found."
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       03 Jan 2016 #4

    OK. Use the Tech Bench link below, download the iso file and save it to your computer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

    When the iso is downloaded, right click at it > click Mount. ( Take note the drive letter on which the iso is mounted )
    Now go back to the Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy and paste this...................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : H is meant to be the letter of the drive on which the iso is mounted. Change H to your actual drive letter.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    05 Jan 2016 #5

    davidhk said: View Post
    OK. Use the Tech Bench link below, download the iso file and save it to your computer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

    When the iso is downloaded, right click at it > click Mount. ( Take note the drive letter on which the iso is mounted )
    Now go back to the Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy and paste this...................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : H is meant to be the letter of the drive on which the iso is mounted. Change H to your actual drive letter.
    It solved the problem but after a few days did an SFC scan and the error recurred. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       05 Jan 2016 #6

    I'm afraid then you will have to repeat the Dism process.
    I don't have a "permanent" fix for it unless you don't mind doing a Repair Install.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
As the title says, the start menu wasn't opening so I ran SFC /scannow that found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. I then ran RestoreHealth but I got a message saying, "Source file cannot be found". I restart, Start Menu works again...
Hi, just wanted to know what should one do if one gets the error and how does one troubleshoot it properly? I looked up the log on my system but it's just a really big lump of text.
Solved SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log in Performance & Maintenance
Trying to run down some error codes in the admin log I decided to run the SFC scan to see if any files were corrupt and many were which were fixed except for 2 and was wondering if anyone here knows how to read and make fixes to the CBS.log, thanks
Solved SFC Corrupt Files in Performance & Maintenance
Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached.
fix corrupt files in General Support
I apparently got one or some corrupted files during last update... Computer Win 7 Pro works fine but sfc/scannow etc including install repair wont fix.... will Windows 10 install fix these?? thanks toim
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:29.
Find Us