Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1.    10 Feb 2016 #51
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by bkgreenva View Post
    Thanx For The Reply, I did run the fix and its there now but before you replied I burned the recommend image to dvd ran dism all worked great, this is a fix that not even windows 10 tech support has knowledge of I have been dealing with them since December on this dism and sfc issue with no resolve until I found your forum today.
    No offense but I've dealt with Windows techs before, all their doing is reading from a script, if the answer is not on their script, they have no idea of how to help the user. The members here are much more knowledgeable then ANY TECH at Windows help desk.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    10 Feb 2016 #52
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Chesapeake, Va
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

    Glad To Find You


    Well I'm just glad I came across this post in a google search and found it, I have lots of questions and concerns and will be looking post over for a while to see what else I can figure out DISM was the biggy for me but I'm all straight now, THANX AGAIN for all the great help and tips.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    No offense but I've dealt with Windows techs before, all their doing is reading from a script, if the answer is not on their script, they have no idea of how to help the user. The members here are much more knowledgeable then ANY TECH at Windows help desk.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Feb 2016 #53
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 pro

    Hi All, I used the DISM command as written in the first page.
    I had problems both running sfc /scannow, and DISM before reading the instructions...

    Every seems to have been worked properly, so it appears there are no more errors, actually

    Thanks for the suggestions, reallly helpful.

    Running on a Surface Pro 4

    Marco
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    01 Mar 2016 #54
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 1
    win 10

    worked for me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Mar 2016 #55
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,378
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Hate to put a spanner in the works, or hopefully not spoil any ones expectations.
    I installed an install.WIM from Tech Bench, having had Scannow and Dism problems on a week old Surface Pro 4.
    All was fine and dandy as no corruptions were reported after a Scannow.
    That was until M$ on an update uninstalled a language pack which was part of the install.WIM.
    Within a short space of time the laptop was completely borked, and was RTM.d.

    PS....Since then this being a week ago have had to RTM yet another today.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    30 Apr 2016 #56
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Not working


    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    dippas,

    My reply is just to elaborate what Word Man has already told you in Post #3.
    Your dism .......> restorehealth said " source files could not be found" because your ISO was downloaded from Media Creation Tool which gave you the Install.esd.
    You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount >
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.


    Tried what you said and didn't work so I tried something else using this command

    DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /WimFile:F:\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:F:\Wim\ /ReadOnly

    It froze halfway through as well which probably didn't help.

    and now I have a bigger problem as the drive on which the folder I made to mount the image, a folder called Wim, has completely disappeared and does not even show in my bios anymore. Is there a way to recover my drive and not lose everything that was on it? I'd really like my HDD back, lol

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks


    Ok Just solved it. If anyone runs into a similar issue like I just did then completely power off your machine wait a few seconds and power back and drive will be back, nothing lost. Yay!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    13 May 2016 #57
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 7
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    dippas,

    My reply is just to elaborate what Word Man has already told you in Post #3.
    Your dism .......> restorehealth said " source files could not be found" because your ISO was downloaded from Media Creation Tool which gave you the Install.esd.
    You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount >
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.
    I just did my free windows 10 upgrade, and now am having the same dism error. When I click on that link to download the iso, it says something went wrong and cannot sign in. Can anyone else verify if the link works?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    13 May 2016 #58
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by axxel6307 View Post
    I just did my free windows 10 upgrade, and now am having the same dism error. When I click on that link to download the iso, it says something went wrong and cannot sign in. Can anyone else verify if the link works?
    Just tried the link posted, works fine for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    13 May 2016 #59
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 7
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by axxel6307 View Post
    I just did my free windows 10 upgrade, and now am having the same dism error. When I click on that link to download the iso, it says something went wrong and cannot sign in. Can anyone else verify if the link works?
    I also got it it to work on another pc. It still doesn't work on the problem pc. Does this mean I have more problems to fix than I thought?
    Can I download the file on the other pc on flash drive and install on the target pc?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 May 2016 #60
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 36,648
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by axxel6307 View Post
    I also got it it to work on another pc. It still doesn't work on the problem pc. Does this mean I have more problems to fix than I thought?
    Can I download the file on the other pc on flash drive and install on the target pc?
    Yes as long as it the correct version for Windows 10 that is on the target pc .....has to be exact same version.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Installation & Upgrade Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows. Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling the...
Tutorials
Performance & Maintenance Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image
How to Repair Windows 10 Image using DISM If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem. For example, you would use DISM to fix...
Tutorials
:( DISM (Error 0x800f081f) and SFC (Failed to Repair)
I was having some issues with Cortana on the recently released windows 10, so decided to run a SFC /Scan Now and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth. DISM Failed with "Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. ...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Indexing Options vanished (after 10586 in place repair install?)
Hi, I don't use Windows search normally, but today had reason to look for Indexing Options in the CP. No sign. Yes, things are being indexed. Yes, the service is running. So could I invoke Indexing Options some other way? control.exe...
General Support
DISM Repair not working
I recently installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from an in-place upgrade. After doing so, I've been encountering numerous issues such as long login times and the Store not opening due to an error I'm getting which states "This app can't open." I've...
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:04.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums