Unable to repair Windows10 using SFC/DISM or in-place upgrade

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #11

    Way i did it, even though other way originally linked works to david
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #12

    dippas said:
    Yes I do have one! can I ask why is that relevant?
    Read through my link, it is due to the NVIDIA driver and Microsoft, we believe a bug with Microsoft.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 9
    windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #13

    davidhk said:
    dippas,

    My reply is just to elaborate what Word Man has already told you in Post #3.
    Your dism .......> restorehealth said " source files could not be found" because your ISO was downloaded from Media Creation Tool which gave you the Install.esd.
    You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

    Once you have the iso download, mount it >
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.
    Hi, I didn't download from media creation tool,

    Since I'm on vacations right now , I'm on a place that the internet speed is too slow among other issues. so I managed to download the ISO from one another site besides techbench or MCT, and this ISO has install.wim not install.esd because I checked after mounting it.

    The site where I downloaded the ISO is this one
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,442
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
       #14

    dippas said:
    Hi, I didn't download from media creation tool,

    Since I'm on vacations right now , I'm on a place that the internet speed is too slow among other issues. so I managed to download the ISO from one another site besides techbench or MCT, and this ISO has install.wim not install.esd because I checked after mounting it.

    The site where I downloaded the ISO is this one
    OK, use the dism command line I posted....................
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Make sure you enter your actual drive letter instead of H.
    P.S. I am assuming the source you used to download the ISO is ok.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 9
    windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #15

    davidhk said:
    OK, use the dism command line I posted....................
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Make sure you enter your actual drive letter instead of H.
    P.S. I am assuming the source you used to download the ISO is ok.
    yes the Source is OK. About your command I even copied the "source" from File Explorer Address Bar to command line
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,442
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
       #16

    dippas said:
    yes the Source is OK. your command I even copied from File Explorer Address Bar to command line
    And the result is ?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5,442
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
       #17

    dippas said:
    yes the Source is OK. About your command I even copied the "source" from File Explorer Address Bar to command line
    No need to "copy" anything.
    Just Mount the new ISO > then do the dism command I posted to you.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 9
    windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #18

    davidhk said:
    No need to "copy" anything.
    Just Mount the new ISO > then do the dism command I posted to you.
    Sorry David, I'm feeling stupid right now. I had two ISOs mounted (I still had the first ISO mounted which I updated from 7 to 10) and I was looking in the old one for the install.wim file.

    I just check the other ISO (correct one) mounted, and it has install.esd, so I did the ESD command

    Code:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:G:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess
    with same luck.. Source file not found.

    Tripled Checked the Full path.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #19

    Saying one you just downloaded has no install.wim, because his instructions said nothing about install.esd file.
    Eject any other mounted ISO except correct one, check sources folder of the ISO for Install.wim
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3,264
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 21H2
       #20

    do not think downloading from techbench would of taken longer on a slow internet compared to one you chose.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums