Windows 10: How can I refresh my Windows 10 when it was just upgraded? Solved

  1.    24 Dec 2015 #1

    How can I refresh my Windows 10 when it was just upgraded?


    I'm planning on refreshing my PC because the problem here can't be solved.

    And now I've read an article that you need to insert the installation media. How can I do this when I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 using the Windows Update?

    Thanks in advance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,875
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       24 Dec 2015 #2
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Dec 2015 #3

    Do I need to activate again with that?

    PS: I don't have a USB and a disc, nor a cd/dvd rom.

    BTW, can you look over my problem and try to see how I can solve it? Cause I really do not want to refresh my PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,875
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       24 Dec 2015 #4

    the media download is in ISO format...
    download the ISO and then double-click to Mount the ISO file..
    the run setup.exe...

    That will rewrite windows - and allow keeping your files and programs
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,771
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       24 Dec 2015 #5

    iamDevlin said: View Post
    I'm planning on refreshing my PC because the problem here can't be solved.

    And now I've read an article that you need to insert the installation media. How can I do this when I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 using the Windows Update?

    Thanks in advance.
    Consider this as an alternative .......
    Start button > left side, Settings > Update & Security > left side, Recovery > right side, under Reset this PC, click the Get started button.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 Dec 2015 #6

    davidhk said: View Post
    Consider this as an alternative .......
    Start button > left side, Settings > Update & Security > left side, Recovery > right side, under Reset this PC, click the Get started button.
    Doesn't this remove everything?
    EDIT: I'll see to this later. If ever my problem will never be fixed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 23,656
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
       24 Dec 2015 #7

    iamDevlin said: View Post
    I'm planning on refreshing my PC because the problem here can't be solved.

    And now I've read an article that you need to insert the installation media. How can I do this when I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 using the Windows Update?

    Thanks in advance.
    Hello Devlin,

    Usually you do not need installation media while refreshing Windows 10. You will only be prompted to insert your Windows Installation or recovery media at step 6 in the tutorial below if Windows cannot find your default Windows image or the image is corrupted. The Windows image is installed along with Windows 10 by default.

    Refresh Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    24 Dec 2015 #8

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Devlin,

    Usually you do not need installation media while refreshing Windows 10. You will only be prompted to insert your Windows Installation or recovery media at step 6 in the tutorial below if Windows cannot find your default Windows image or the image is corrupted. The Windows image is installed along with Windows 10 by default.

    Refresh Windows 10
    Yes. I just did it. I thought it was like the previous windows. Too bad I need to install the drivers again.

    Thanks anyhow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Installation & Upgrade Refresh Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Refresh Windows 10 Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. For more information, see: Push-button reset (Windows Drivers) Recovery options in Windows 10
Solved Windows 10 computer refresh issue in Installation and Upgrade
I have fixed this problem. I was told that the only way to fix this problem was to have it factory reset by the manufacturers. I have taken it to the local Best Buy and it will be set back to Windows 8 (not to mention the sound problem will be...
I wasn't sure which area to post this. I've been seeing a rather annoying issue where I'll have a windows explorer window open on one of two monitors and I'll have highlighted file 2200 out of 6000 and on the other screen I'll be actively typing...
Solved Windows 10 reset/refresh in Installation and Upgrade
Hi there. I am thinking about resetting Windows 10. (Got too much clutter). Brink had an excellent tutorial on how to accomplish that. What is still unclear to me, is that it talks about inserting Install Media, which makes sense. However, my...
HI all, So what I'm planning to do is upgrade my rig with an SSD, but I don't really want to lose my files. Is there a way to refresh Windows, and have the "refreshed" install and my files on a separate drive than what Windows was originally...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19.
Find Us