Windows 10: Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.

  1.    09 Dec 2015 #1

    Slower Shutdown since last 2 updates.


    Hello ALL:

    I am on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 10586.29. Before the last 2 updates, my system, with a 512GB SSD would shut down in 4 to 5 seconds. Since the last 2 updates, it has gone from a very fast 5 seconds to about 15 to 20 seconds. Is there any reason for this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Dec 2015 #2

    MPSAN said: View Post
    Hello ALL:

    I am on 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 10586.29. Before the last 2 updates, my system, with a 512GB SSD would shut down in 4 to 5 seconds. Since the last 2 updates, it has gone from a very fast 5 seconds to about 15 to 20 seconds. Is there any reason for this?
    Does that also include slow start-up ?
    Mine basically loads up Windows 10 but then opens another (Loading Windows 10 / Login Screen) but is slower.
    So, I want to know if you too have the same problem as me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Dec 2015 #3

    LukeJR said: View Post
    Does that also include slow start-up ?
    Mine basically loads up Windows 10 but then opens another (Loading Windows 10 / Login Screen) but is slower.
    So, I want to know if you too have the same problem as me.
    I do not believe my startup is any slower that I have noticed. I do not use a Windows Password, and it boots Win10, goes to the startup screen and then I see my desktop in a few seconds.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    09 Dec 2015 #4

    LukeJR said: View Post
    Does that also include slow start-up ?
    Mine basically loads up Windows 10 but then opens another (Loading Windows 10 / Login Screen) but is slower.
    So, I want to know if you too have the same problem as me.
    I have this behaviour for a while now too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Dec 2015 #5

    Geneo said: View Post
    I have this behaviour for a while now too.
    I wonder what they did as I was getting used to a 5 second shutdown.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       09 Dec 2015 #6

    Maybe you should try un-checking "Turn on fast startup" in the Power option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Dec 2015 #7

    Jhawk55 said: View Post
    Maybe you should try un-checking "Turn on fast startup" in the Power option.
    I do not believe it is on, as Hibernate is off, but I will check to see if they turned it back on again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 Dec 2015 #8

    Jhawk55 said: View Post
    Maybe you should try un-checking "Turn on fast startup" in the Power option.
    I do not have that option. I looked and there is nothing there. I believe it is because Hibernate is off, so I should be OK, I guess.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Programs load slower than windows 7 in Performance & Maintenance
So I upgraded finally after I felt that windows 10 was on the right track. I noticed my programs load 5 to 8 seconds slower than with windows 7. I have 2 ssd drives and sometimes when I am searching for a file it will tell me "WORKING ON IT". ...
Almost every morning the two computers that have the ASRock Z97 Etreme6 MB's using the Intel I218-V controller are "awake". In each case a W10 update has been installed and in each case the system had been "Power>Shutdown" the night before. I have...
Solved User accounts slower than one other in Performance & Maintenance
When I downloaded Microsoft 10, I went back on my account and after a couple of minutes the whole thing worked fine, and I didn't see any problems. But, when another family member went on their account, it was MUCH slower than mine, and they...
Slower speeds with windows 10? in Network and Sharing
Hello, My speeds before on speedtest were about 130 mbps. After just installing windows 10 I am getting a max of about 90. Any fix for this? What is the problem?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:36.
Find Us