Windows 10: SFC Corrupt Issue Regarding OpenCl.dll Solved

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,795
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       01 Dec 2015 #21

    Ache said: View Post
    Technical details:

    The correct fix will be to remove wrongly installed and activated by Microsoft wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22 directory (Microsoft RemoteFX Display driver, 32bit part, which contains opencl.dll with reduced functionality, which overwrites correct Nvidia/ATI/Intel \SysWoW64\opencl.dll on upgrade or attempt of DISM recover from install.wim) from WinSxS (64bit counterpart is in amd64_rdvgwddmdx11.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586 .0_none_5fcf2a87752df0d7 directory, but is inactive and does no harm). But I know no tool for correct selective remove or deactivate of specific directory from WinSxS. Since \SysWoW64\opencl.dll is hardlink to WinSxS one, attempt to install Nvidia/ATI/Intel driver corrupts two Microsoft opencl.dlls at once (so sfc /scannow fails to recover), and attempt to recover WinSxS one from install.wim via DISM damages Nvidia/ATI/Intel display driver's opencl.dll from other hand.
    Only problem is, we only have a FEW people that actually KNOW about this problem. Most people don't either know about this Opencl.DLL problem or care about the problem. So our chances of Microsoft fixing this any time soon, is VERY slim.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    01 Dec 2015 #22

    I try to make people aware at least on first few forums google show about the problem. Sorry I have absolutely no contacts with Microsoft developers and Microsoft support do their best to guard developers from users with template robotic answers like "reinstall your windows", so it is not easy task to bypass them, mission impossible. Probably someone from enterprise environment have.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Dec 2015 #23

    I, too, have fallen prey to this issue, BUT my problem is even more *interesting* (in the sense of the Chinese curse): while SFC /scannow reports the opencl.dll files from Nvidia (>100K) as "corrupt", dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth tells me that my component store is fine, and not at all corrupted. Seems like waiting for a fix from MS is the only solution now, isn't it? Knowing now what Ache has shared, I don't want to replace the good, but reported corrupt Nvidia opencl.dll files with the bad, but reported good Microsoft opencl.dll files. Other suggestions?
    --Ed--
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 26,795
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       03 Dec 2015 #24

    EdTittel said: View Post
    I, too, have fallen prey to this issue, BUT my problem is even more *interesting* (in the sense of the Chinese curse): while SFC /scannow reports the opencl.dll files from Nvidia (>100K) as "corrupt", dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth tells me that my component store is fine, and not at all corrupted. Seems like waiting for a fix from MS is the only solution now, isn't it? Knowing now what Ache has shared, I don't want to replace the good, but reported corrupt Nvidia opencl.dll files with the bad, but reported good Microsoft opencl.dll files. Other suggestions?
    --Ed--
    Only suggestion is....wait for MS to fix their problem. That's it. Unless some computer expert can figure out how we can fix this problem ourselves.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    29 Dec 2015 #25

    Any suggestions about reverting to an older graphic in the short term?


    After reading Ache's post, I ask myself, did I jump into windows 10 a bit too soon. Anyway, I'm interested in any feedback about a old-fashion solution and that is to remove all the drivers and return my video adapter card to an earlier version... say Geforce 9800.


    Originally I had a GEforce 9800 in the system running Windows 8.1 32 bit with two DMI displays and life was good.

    When I jumped to Windows 10 64-bit, I decided to move ahead in a newer adapter Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 750 Ti.

    And there are the opencl.dll complaints given by the sfc /scannow.

    Two items... is this complaint that I found in the windows log viewer something to really be concerned over at this point?

    has anyone found that backing up to an older graphics card, seems to resolve this complain, or, once the damage is done, well the party is over until Microsoft comes up with a solution...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Dec 2015 #26

    Apparently it was too soon, for me too, 8.1 is in pretty good shape. BTW, opencl.dll bug happens on ATI cards too, i.e. with any driver which install accelerated opencl.dl, older card does not help. Moreover 10 TH2 still have have unfixed regedit bug
    Last edited by Ache; 29 Dec 2015 at 23:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 26,795
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       30 Dec 2015 #27

    catholicfocus said: View Post
    After reading Ache's post, I ask myself, did I jump into windows 10 a bit too soon. Anyway, I'm interested in any feedback about a old-fashion solution and that is to remove all the drivers and return my video adapter card to an earlier version... say Geforce 9800.


    Originally I had a GEforce 9800 in the system running Windows 8.1 32 bit with two DMI displays and life was good.

    When I jumped to Windows 10 64-bit, I decided to move ahead in a newer adapter Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 750 Ti.

    And there are the opencl.dll complaints given by the sfc /scannow.

    Two items... is this complaint that I found in the windows log viewer something to really be concerned over at this point?

    has anyone found that backing up to an older graphics card, seems to resolve this complain, or, once the damage is done, well the party is over until Microsoft comes up with a solution...
    Well you have the exact same card as I am running on Windows 10. The problem with Opencl.dll is only a Microsoft problem, and when you run SFC /scannow it reports it. If this is the only problem sfc finds, then do not worry about it. Your system will run just fine. Now, their IS some good news about this issue. Some of our members who are in the Insider program, and are running newer versions of future windows updates, (beta) have reported that the issue with Opencl IS FIXED. This means that finally Microsoft has addressed this issue and fixed it. Also thou means that unless you are in the Insider program and testing future windows releases. You and I are going to have to wait a while longer until MS gives us this fix in a future update. But, just knowing that Microsoft has finally fixed this issue is good news for me, even if I have to wait a while longer for it to appear in an update.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    11 Jan 2016 #28

    I hate Microsoft... I hate Windows 10!!! But I dont want to go back Windows 8.1 or older Windows 10 have too many problems... and corrupted files are the big big big problem!!! Hope Microsoft fix this soon!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 26,795
    Windows10Pro 64Bit - Build 14393.1198
       11 Jan 2016 #29

    SeCrEt BoY said: View Post
    I hate Microsoft... I hate Windows 10!!! But I dont want to go back Windows 8.1 or older Windows 10 have too many problems... and corrupted files are the big big big problem!!! Hope Microsoft fix this soon!
    Calm down.......we should be getting "some" updates tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow is Update Tuesday.....what will be in this update....who knows....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,033
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       11 Jan 2016 #30

    Definitely a Windows 10 issue, as i posted in my thread on this same issue. I recently restored an older PC to either sell or keep and put Windows 8.1 Pro on it and a NVIDIA Graphics card and no reported issues from SFC at all on the OpenCl.dll.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Windows 10 opencl.dll Error in General Support
After past days, this week i've discovered another problem with windows... Everyoen know that Windows 10 x64 and latest geforce forceware drivers are giving problems... in fact 355.60 WHQL release was bugged as hell and give a lot of problems,...
Solved Failed to Initialize OpenCL in Software and Apps
First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. ...
Solved SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log in Performance & Maintenance
Trying to run down some error codes in the admin log I decided to run the SFC scan to see if any files were corrupt and many were which were fixed except for 2 and was wondering if anyone here knows how to read and make fixes to the CBS.log, thanks
Solved SFC Corrupt Files in Performance & Maintenance
Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached.
Solved Missing OpenCL.dll in Drivers and Hardware
Hi All, So, I upgraded to Windows 10 a day back using the media creation tool, and the install went fine. After I restarted the PC for the first time, I got an error saying that OpenCL.dll is missing. I searched online forums and it said that it...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:05.
Find Us