1.    25 Nov 2015 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 178
    Ten

    Blue startup screen flickering - HP Laptop


    Hi,
    When Windows 10 starts there is a blue screen that appears with the "Please wait" icon loading logo on it.

    The same screen appears on my HP Laptop, however without the Please wait and loading icon, the mouse it there and the screen just keeps flickering.

    Like black, then blue then black, then blue and the mouse has that aero cursor with loading round symbol next to it, which too is going away and then coming back. Constantly.

    This started happening since today morning when I turned on WiFi and then the laptop restarted and this error started happening.
    The screen keeps flickering constantly with no end to it. It just keeps on happening.

    I can boot into Safe Mode, but don't know what to do in it.
    I have tried most of the basic solutions but with no solution.
    Please help, I am ready to provide all logs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Nov 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 11,110
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Hi, try disabling your WiFi driver in Control Panel, Device Manager when in safe mode and try rebooting to normal mode.

    If that fails, try a clean boot to normal mode. (Disable all startups in task manager, non-MS services in msconfig (Win key + R, type msconfig in the box).

    Please post back when done or if tried already.
    If you can provide info on whether your build is a clean install of Win 10 or an upgrade, that could be of interest.

    You appear to be reporting a similar problem on both PCs, which tends to suggest an incompatible program on both.

    Please also advise if you have successfully ever booted to normal mode in Win 10 on these. It seems you did with your laptop.

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Nov 2015 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 178
    Ten
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi, try disabling your WiFi driver in Control Panel, Device Manager when in safe mode and try rebooting to normal mode.

    If that fails, try a clean boot to normal mode. (Disable all startups in task manager, non-MS services in msconfig (Win key + R, type msconfig in the box).

    Please post back when done or if tried already.
    If you can provide info on whether your build is a clean install of Win 10 or an upgrade, that could be of interest.

    You appear to be reporting a similar problem on both PCs, which tends to suggest an incompatible program on both.

    Please also advise if you have successfully ever booted to normal mode in Win 10 on these. It seems you did with your laptop.

    Thanks.


    I have tried both the things, nothing is working.

    It's a clean install, are there any other options?

    Also, I only have this issue on the laptop, not on any other PCs.

    Is there any other way of providing logs?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Nov 2015 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 178
    Ten
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi, try disabling your WiFi driver in Control Panel, Device Manager when in safe mode and try rebooting to normal mode.

    If that fails, try a clean boot to normal mode. (Disable all startups in task manager, non-MS services in msconfig (Win key + R, type msconfig in the box).

    Please post back when done or if tried already.
    If you can provide info on whether your build is a clean install of Win 10 or an upgrade, that could be of interest.

    You appear to be reporting a similar problem on both PCs, which tends to suggest an incompatible program on both.

    Please also advise if you have successfully ever booted to normal mode in Win 10 on these. It seems you did with your laptop.

    Thanks.



    So this error just showed up after I installed avast! anti virus in safe mode to do a scan but I wasn't able to do a scan in safe mode, so I scheduled a boot time scan for which I restarted but the scheduled scan didn't show up and the laptop started as normal and then the following error showed up.

    Check attachment.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151125_224206.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	50489
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Nov 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 11,110
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Did you do this with your desktop too?
    So uninstall Avast.. retry.
    (Do you have system restore on? Any disk images?)

    Note that others in this forum have previously reported Avast as incompatible with Win 10, but how true that is at this date I don't know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Nov 2015 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 178
    Ten
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Did you do this with your desktop too?
    So uninstall Avast.. retry.
    (Do you have system restore on? Any disk images?)

    Note that others in this forum have previously reported Avast as incompatible with Win 10, but how true that is at this date I don't know.
    Dude, what other desktop are you talking about?

    I only have this problem on one laptop, that too is my friend's.
    System restore is there but it's very old and I will lose lot of stuff.

    And I installed avast! in safe mode after this error showed up.

    I just need to reset my LogonUI.exe.
    How do I do that?
    Start up repair using a Windows 10 USB disk is not working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Nov 2015 #7
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 11,110
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcocks View Post
    Dude, what other desktop are you talking about?

    I only have this problem on one laptop, that too is my friend's.
    System restore is there but it's very old and I will lose lot of stuff.

    And I installed avast! in safe mode after this error showed up.

    I just need to reset my LogonUI.exe.
    How do I do that?
    Start up repair using a Windows 10 USB disk is not working.
    Dude, if you completed your specs properly 'Computer Type PC/Desktop' I might not think you had both.

    This phraseology appears also you might be talking about two devices.
    When Windows 10 starts there is a blue screen that appears with the "Please wait" icon loading logo on it.

    The same screen appears on my HP Laptop, - the same screen as on your desktop, perhaps??

    Clarity helps. The lack of it doesn't.

    I'm not familiar with the term 'dude' but assume it could be pejorative.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Nov 2015 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 178
    Ten
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Dude, if you completed your specs properly 'Computer Type PC/Desktop' I might not think you had both.

    This phraseology appears also you might be talking about two devices.
    When Windows 10 starts there is a blue screen that appears with the "Please wait" icon loading logo on it.

    The same screen appears on my HP Laptop, - the same screen as on your desktop, perhaps??

    Clarity helps. The lack of it doesn't.

    I'm not familiar with the term 'dude' but assume it could be pejorative.

    Ahhhh crap, I didn't notice I screwed that up. My apologies. English isn't my first language but I am trying my best.
    Sorry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Screen flickering in Windows 10
I have been struggling for several days with screen flickering in Windows 10 2 days after I upgraded. I immediately tried to return to a previous restore point which made no difference. With the assistance of persons in this forum, I then tried to...
General Support
Solved Blue Screen on returning from Sleep Mode - Toshiba Laptop
Hi all. I have a new Toshiba C55-C5241 Laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10. (See Specs) I clean installed Windows 10 last weekend. All went very well. I just started loading programs this weekend. I started noticing the blue screen...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Surface Microsoft working on fix for Surface Book screen flickering issue
Read more: Flickering screens turn Microsoft Surface Books into Microsoft Surface paperweights - The Register
Windows 10 News
Bitlocker - light blue screen on startup
So turn on bit locker because i want to start encrypting my desktop computer and when i restart i get a light blue windows 10 screen. Anyone know whats going on? I did the full disk encryption option at once and then it wanted to reboot. Not sure...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged
Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. About 8 months ago I purchased a Lenovo Z50 laptop from Amazon. This has a quad-core AMD A10 processor, and 8 GB of RAM. When I got it, it ran Windows 8. It has worked flawlessly for me, despite all of the my...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums