Windows 10: DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    25 Nov 2015 #1

    DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f


    0



    I have a user who has a Lenovo notebook recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.
    He complained that it is very sluggish and Internet Explorer is extremely sluggish since the upgrade to Windows 10. I ran SFC /scannow with this result:
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.
    I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess pointed to a USB drive with a fresh download of Windows 10 on it. I get this result:
    Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    Here are the errors from the log file:
    2015-11-25 09:45:57, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=4792 TID=3828 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize(hr:0x800f081f)
    2015-11-25 09:45:57, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=4792 TID=3828 The source files could not be found; their location must be specified using the /source option to restore the feature. - GetCbsErrorMsg
    2015-11-25 09:45:57, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=4792 TID=3828 Failed processing package changes with session option CbsSessionOptionRepairStoreCorruption - CDISMPackageManager::RestoreHealth(hr:0x800f081f)
    2015-11-25 09:45:57, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=4792 TID=3828 The source files could not be found; their location must be specified using the /source option to restore the feature. - GetCbsErrorMsg
    2015-11-25 09:45:57, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=4792 TID=3828 Failed to restore the image health. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ProcessCmdLine_CleanupImage(hr:0x800f081f)
    2015-11-25 09:45:57, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=4792 TID=3828 Failed while processing command cleanup-image. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x800f081f)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    25 Nov 2015 #2

    check out the link in my sig below
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Feb 2016 #3

    Error 0x800f081f


    Kyhi said: View Post
    check out the link in my sig below
    Microsoft Outlook (Office 2007)

    Latest Error message 0x800f081f which according to Microsoft is not Relevant to Win10 but refers to Win 7

    Everything was working fine, then

    Store stopped opening just get a quick flash on screen

    Tried various suggested “fixes”

    Sf/scannow came back with not being able to find source files

    DISM Scan health and restore health came back with the error 0x800f081f (See comments above)

    Now Edge will not open at all and I could not open my PDF attachments – message - invalid value for registry
    Have changed defaults to Firefox for the Internet connection and Adobe Reader for the PDF files – this appears to be working

    After three days of almost continuous command line entries and laptop restarts Cannot remember anything else
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       12 Feb 2016 #4

    Assuming you are using Win 10 version 10586

    You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench


    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    ( note : no need to burn the iso to a dvd or usb. Not needed for this operation.)

    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    14 Feb 2016 #5

    Downloaded the ISO was not given any option to mount. Copied the command successfully and got message saying success then ran sfc /scannow which was also successful. restarted laptop but still no store and Edge blue screen stays on screen for a lot longer before disappearing. Where to now?
    davidhk said: View Post
    Assuming you are using Win 10 version 10586

    You need the Install.wim which can be obtained by downloading the ISO from Tech Bench.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench


    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    ( note : no need to burn the iso to a dvd or usb. Not needed for this operation.)

    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       14 Feb 2016 #6

    Suggestion only :

    Do a repair install.
    It will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    Activation will be automatic.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

    Since you already have the current iso downloaded, please use Step 4.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 Feb 2016 #7

    have carried out Repair Install Win 10 with in place upgrade .Still no Store or Edge?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       14 Feb 2016 #8

    Will you hate me or even curse at me if I ask you to do a Clean Install ?

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    During the clean install, if you were asked to enter product key, just click the SKIP option.
    After clean install is completed, activation will be automatic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    14 Feb 2016 #9

    Have previously tried this option but will try again later this morning. Have been in front of screen now for six hours and it is 2.00am. Signing off for now but I do appreciate any assistance offered
    davidhk said: View Post
    Will you hate me or even curse at me if I ask you to do a Clean Install ?

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    During the clean install, if you were asked to enter product key, just click the SKIP option.
    After clean install is completed, activation will be automatic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    17 Feb 2016 #10

    Back in the saddle again-Tried to do a clean install from a memory stick (brand new never been used) but unsuccessful. Did not matter which partition I chose kept getting same message-Windows cannot be installed on this drive. Think I must be missing some major step in the process?
    davidhk said: View Post
    Will you hate me or even curse at me if I ask you to do a Clean Install ?

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    During the clean install, if you were asked to enter product key, just click the SKIP option.
    After clean install is completed, activation will be automatic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I was having some issues with Cortana on the recently released windows 10, so decided to run a SFC /Scan Now and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth. DISM Failed with "Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. ...
Error DISM restorehealth in Performance & Maintenance
Hello I use the Windows DVD 10 and option 3 with IMAGE_HEALTH and have an error 50: http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/68326-sfc-scannow-dism-restorehealth-repair-corrupt-files.html 0x800f081f and operation not fix !!
I recently updated to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and I feel there is something wrong with the performance of my ASUS Zenbook. I run DISM and I got the following error message: 1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthDISM /Online...
I'm trying to repair my Windows Store, but DISM seems to refuse to work. I made an installation ISO that's the same version as mu os using the tool, but DISM still gives me a source error. I'm running 10240. C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism.exe /online...
i did these all scans but nothing worked im getting this error 0x800f081f does anyone had it tooo?? pls help .. :huh: "dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56.
Find Us