Windows 10: SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error Solved


  1. Posts : 4
    Win 10 Build 10240
       21 Oct 2015 #1

    SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error


    Each time I run SFC /scannow, I get an error message stating

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 21% complete.

    Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

    After much effort, I managed to get DISM to repair some errors it found but that didn't fix my SFC problem. I also ran SFC in Safe Mode but had the same result.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:J:\So
    urces\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

    Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

    I also attempted a Reset for Windows 10 but I got an error message that wouldn't allow me to complete the Reset. I'd really like to avoid having to do a Reset and use SFC to fix my corrupted files. Any suggestions?

    https://onedrive.live.com/embed?id=FE2A22E47A67ED6E&resid=FE2A22E47A67ED6E%212225&authkey=AHdZ4el7J99BT3Q


    SFCFix version 2.4.5.0 by niemiro.
    Start time: 2015-10-21 08:58:14.267
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 - amd64
    Not using a script file.








    AutoAnalysis::
    SUMMARY: No corruptions were detected.
    AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.








    Successfully processed all directives.
    SFCFix version 2.4.5.0 by niemiro has completed.
    Currently storing 0 datablocks.
    Finish time: 2015-10-21 09:03:39.409
    ----------------------EOF-----------------------
    Last edited by vandiere; 21 Oct 2015 at 09:05. Reason: Fixed Link-Kinda
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971
       21 Oct 2015 #2

    Maybe try running at boot? Don't know if you tried that yet. Here's a tutorial on the SFC command. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 16,489
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       21 Oct 2015 #3

    Go into Services and locate Windows Modules Installer and double click(or right click and choose properties). Then Change the Startup type to Manual. If it is already set to Manual, try disabling then reset to Manual.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	43881
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4
    Win 10 Build 10240
    Thread Starter
       21 Oct 2015 #4

    JohnC said: View Post
    Maybe try running at boot? Don't know if you tried that yet. Here's a tutorial on the SFC command. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    I ran the diskpart but I don't see where my WIN10 partition would be. Volume 4 is my system drive. Not sure how to setup the offline SFC based on this information.

    Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
    ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
    Volume 0 E NTFS Simple 1397 GB Healthy
    Volume 1 H DVD-ROM 0 B No Media
    Volume 2 J J_CCSA_X64F UDF DVD-ROM 3894 MB Healthy
    Volume 3 D Massive NTFS Partition 2794 GB Healthy
    Volume 4 C NTFS Partition 238 GB Healthy System
    Volume 5 G MegaDrive NTFS Partition 931 GB Healthy
    Volume 6 F Removable 0 B No Media
    Volume 7 I Removable 0 B No Media
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4
    Win 10 Build 10240
    Thread Starter
       21 Oct 2015 #5

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Go into Services and locate Windows Modules Installer and double click(or right click and choose properties). Then Change the Startup type to Manual. If it is already set to Manual, try disabling then reset to Manual.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	43881
    I switched it to disabled and then set it back to manual. Tried SFC /Scannow again but I get the same error as before.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.   My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       21 Oct 2015 #7

    Maybe just running CHKDSK /f will work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971
       21 Oct 2015 #8

    vandiere said: View Post
    I ran the diskpart but I don't see where my WIN10 partition would be. Volume 4 is my system drive. Not sure how to setup the offline SFC based on this information.

    Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
    ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
    Volume 0 E NTFS Simple 1397 GB Healthy
    Volume 1 H DVD-ROM 0 B No Media
    Volume 2 J J_CCSA_X64F UDF DVD-ROM 3894 MB Healthy
    Volume 3 D Massive NTFS Partition 2794 GB Healthy
    Volume 4 C NTFS Partition 238 GB Healthy System
    Volume 5 G MegaDrive NTFS Partition 931 GB Healthy
    Volume 6 F Removable 0 B No Media
    Volume 7 I Removable 0 B No Media
    Using Diskpart was to discover the logical drive letter for the windows and the system recovery drive. You can also find that info in file explorer. Running sfc /scannow at boot should keep it from hanging like it was doing to you. Find out the drive letters and then do this part and see if it helps.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	43961
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved SFC Corrupt Files on CBS.Log in Performance & Maintenance
Trying to run down some error codes in the admin log I decided to run the SFC scan to see if any files were corrupt and many were which were fixed except for 2 and was wondering if anyone here knows how to read and make fixes to the CBS.log, thanks
Solved SFC Corrupt Files in Performance & Maintenance
Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached.
Is this possible ? Ran both programs multiple times .. Ran cc cleaner to get rid of bad registry entries . Nothing is working . Used the media creator and burnt a USB stick . Is there a way to fix corruption with this ? The drive letter for the USB...
Hello, I ran "SFC /scannow" and got an error saying the System File Checker found errors but couldn't fix them. Afterwards I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and DISM threw the error 0x800f081f saying that the source files could...
fix corrupt files in General Support
I apparently got one or some corrupted files during last update... Computer Win 7 Pro works fine but sfc/scannow etc including install repair wont fix.... will Windows 10 install fix these?? thanks toim

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39.
Find Us