Windows 10: System running super slow with Windows 10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    29 Oct 2015 #11

    Okay, I uninstalled McAfee and everything is better, for now. I'll wait a few days and see if anything changes, and rely on Windows Defender for now. It's a shame I recently renewed my McAfee subscription for 3 years. But if that's the culprit then it must go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Oct 2015 #12

    Hi,

    Have you checked with other McAfee users if this is a known problem ?

    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Oct 2015 #13

    McAssey said: View Post
    Okay, I uninstalled McAfee and everything is better, for now. I'll wait a few days and see if anything changes, and rely on Windows Defender for now. It's a shame I recently renewed my McAfee subscription for 3 years. But if that's the culprit then it must go.
    Along with any anti-virus I'd suggest running Malwarebytes about once a week; and I like running SUPERAntiSpyware as well, just to be on the safe side.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Oct 2015 #14

    I brought up this problem on the McAfee community boards, but it didn't seem to be a common problem. They are the ones who suggested uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee.

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    Have you checked with other McAfee users if this is a known problem ?

    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Oct 2015 #15

    Thanks!

    fracking4oil said: View Post
    Along with any anti-virus I'd suggest running Malwarebytes about once a week; and I like running SUPERAntiSpyware as well, just to be on the safe side.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Nov 2015 #16

    Once again, my system is running super slow with Windows 10


    In my last post one week ago, I announced that I uninstalled McAfee AV and now I am only using Windows Defender for my AV. My system was running perfectly once again, and remained that way for a few days. But then once again I noticed that the System file was requiring more and more memory, driving my total memory use up to more than 90% of my 4.0 GB of memory available, resulting in constant swapping of data to the disk and slowing my system down once again to a crawl. Here is a screen shot right after booting up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	46361
    As you can see, the System file is killing my system. I no longer have the option of deleting a 3rd party AV. I have run anti-malware/spyware apps and removed all tracking cookies. I don't know what else to do. The Windows 10 System file is like a cancer. It just grows out of control and eats up all my resources. What can I do? Should I reinstall Windows 10 without losing my user-installed apps and my files, using the in-place upgrade? Can I go back to Windows 7, which was working perfectly well before I upgraded? Does anyone else have this issue?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Dec 2015 #17

    Hi McAssey,

    Did you ever find an answer, even on another site? I'm having the exact same issue except I am running a custom build PC with 16 GB DDR3 RAM. I've gone through the same procedures of uninstalling programs that may (or may not) be interfering with the performance with the same results. It's frustrating to say the least.

    McAssey said: View Post
    In my last post one week ago, I announced that I uninstalled McAfee AV and now I am only using Windows Defender for my AV. My system was running perfectly once again, and remained that way for a few days. But then once again I noticed that the System file was requiring more and more memory, driving my total memory use up to more than 90% of my 4.0 GB of memory available, resulting in constant swapping of data to the disk and slowing my system down once again to a crawl. Here is a screen shot right after booting up.

    As you can see, the System file is killing my system. I no longer have the option of deleting a 3rd party AV. I have run anti-malware/spyware apps and removed all tracking cookies. I don't know what else to do. The Windows 10 System file is like a cancer. It just grows out of control and eats up all my resources. What can I do? Should I reinstall Windows 10 without losing my user-installed apps and my files, using the in-place upgrade? Can I go back to Windows 7, which was working perfectly well before I upgraded? Does anyone else have this issue?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    18 Dec 2015 #18

    I did find what appears to be the solution. It seems I had a driver that had a "memory leak" (whatever that is). It was the driver for the touchpad on my laptop. I disabled that driver, since I don't use the touchpad anyway. Since then I haven't had any more problems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    18 Dec 2015 #19

    Thanks for the update! I'll start checking my drivers because it sounds like an ideal reason for the slowdown.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    18 Dec 2015 #20

    Hi,

    Did you ever find an answer, even on another site? I'm having the exact same issue except I am running a custom build PC with 16 GB DDR3 RAM.
    Can you check if you have "System" running in Taskman as well?

    It's not running on any of my machines running the same OS as you do which is why I ask.

    Cheers,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
After completing the Win 10 upgrade process everything looked really good....until I started browsing the internet. All my browser's are slow as molasses and getting tons of connection time outs. Anyone else having the same problem?
im hoping to find out bc i just upgraded to windows 10 for free and for some reason its been running very slow. i have no idea whats causing the slow speed as my computer is very clean in terms of junk files as i regularly wipe free disk space and...
Second HDD Super Slow. in Drivers and Hardware
I have installed Windows 10 on my C:\ (SSD) but D:\ (Regular HDD) is super slow and i think it has something to do with admin rights and stuff. Anyone know how to fix this? Sometimes when opening folders with alot of videos (20+) It takes Windows...
PC Running Incredibly Slow in Performance & Maintenance
After upgrading to Windows 10, it's just been problem after problem... Everything on my computer is running incredibly slow. GTA 5, Flight Simulator X, all running slower than ever. Even the operating system, simply writing something, is slow....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:32.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums