Windows 10: My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    15 Sep 2015 #1

    My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!


    i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the power button's light is on!! PLEASE healp me out!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,222
    W10Prox64
       16 Sep 2015 #2

    The Magician said: View Post
    i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the power button's light is on!! PLEASE healp me out!!
    Hi Magician and welcome to Tenforums.

    Please have a look at this, and see if it helps. Turn Off Fast Startup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Sep 2015 #3

    simrick said: View Post
    Hi Magician and welcome to Tenforums.

    Please have a look at this, and see if it helps. Turn Off Fast Startup.
    I tried doing that but I don't have any option like that!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	37926!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	37926Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	37926
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,222
    W10Prox64
       16 Sep 2015 #4

    Oh my! That's strange. Are you able to you make these changes?
    on battery/ plugged in
    When I press the Power Button
    shutdown/ shutdown
    When I press the sleep button
    sleep/ sleep
    When I close the lid
    hibernate/ hibernate

    Shutdown/start up.

    Note: If you disable hibernate, then it will also disable fast startup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    16 Sep 2015 #5

    tried


    I've tried turning off hibernate using dos as well!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,222
    W10Prox64
       16 Sep 2015 #6

    The Magician said: View Post
    I've tried turning off hibernate using dos as well!!
    That's got me stumped.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 Sep 2015 #7

    found something new... when I command the pc to restart it shuts down and sometimes restarts as well, but when I command shutdown, black screen, I need to press the power button to turn it off completely!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    16 Sep 2015 #8

    simrick said: View Post
    That's got me stumped.
    yeah... me too... I've looked at almost all the solutions to this problem on the web I guess!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 11,222
    W10Prox64
       16 Sep 2015 #9

    The Magician said: View Post
    found something new... when I command the pc to restart it shuts down and sometimes restarts as well, but when I command shutdown, black screen, I need to press the power button to turn it off completely!!
    Have you disabled Hibernate? If so, please enable it, then see if it's available (Fast Startup) through the settings like your screenshots.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Sep 2015 #10

    simrick said: View Post
    Have you disabled Hibernate? If so, please enable it, then see if it's available (Fast Startup) through the settings like your screenshots.
    ok... I don't know how but I got the fastboot option
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	37929
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Slow shutdown and restart in Performance & Maintenance
I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown...
Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and...
I have installed W10 twice using the update feature. Everything work fine except when I want to shutdown or put the machine to sleep by clicking on those options, the machine makes noise like the HD is working. It then just shuts down and reboots...
Members with the bug Members without this bug I notice that quite a considerable number have this bug I do for one. But how many are not experiencing it
This is a new situation that I got with the update from 9926 to 10041. When I restart or shut down, as soon as the desktop closes I get this error message which I can click to Close. It doesn't occur when I Sign off. In some cases it will...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:58.
Find Us