Windows 10: Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity
an opened windows may prevent windows to automatically sleep.
Mfaklis: but my system had no problem sleeping with an opened window (Outlook) prior to make the registry changes Tommy1997 suggested. And even now it has no problem sleeping with Outlook open when I manually initiate sleep.
With the changes to the registry, the system doesn't seem to honor the settings in my Power plans (Balance, Power saver, High performance nor Stable Mode), which have different times than what I entered via the registry ? Interestingly it does honor the Power settings (or did prior to making the registry changes) when I only used my laptops monitor, but ignored them and went to sleep in 2 minutes when I only use my external monitor.
You can correct this issue in the Screen Saver options. windows 10 lockscreen - Microsoft Community
Sincerely thank you for your post on this. I was literally losing my ****ing mind lol. Your directions were spot on and were simple to follow. I created this account just to say thank you, cheers bro.
1. Click on the windows icon
2. Type regedit
3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
5. Double click on Attributes
6. Enter number 2.
7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
8. Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
9. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.
Hi everybody with a blank screen problem my problem was of the past when i just changed my screensaver to none and rebooted
This might be a stupid question but I havent found a solution for it myself, probably looking in all the wrong places.. would like to be able to have my computer go to the lock screen after an alotted time of inactivity without turning off the...
Upgraded to Windows 10 when I went to bad last night. I wake up to the computer beeping, 3 beeps at a time, nothing on screen. I decide to keep waiting, just in case. After many hours, I try anything to get it to react, but finally decide to force...
whenever I'm playing or even browsing (happened only when my little sister plays Club Penguin which I believe is a Flash game) the computer will shut down without warning.
I've looked in the event log and the error I get is this infamous,...
This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway?
So I recently updated from 10074 to 10030(switched from slow to fast) and my routine would be to use the laptop until midnight and not turn it off when I hit the sack. When I go back to it, it's already in the lock screen, logged off. It's not in...