SSD defrag issue?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 16,560
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3930
       #21

    f14tomcat said:
    Surely there must be article/blogs/etc. that are not 6 years old and 10 years old
    The MS article I linked to is from 2017.

    Denis
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 56,792
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #22

    Try3 said:
    The MS article I linked to is from 2017.

    Denis
    I was actually referring to the other 2, yours is much more current.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 18,402
    Windows 11 Pro
       #23

    I'm still convinced to just leave drive optimization, whether it is HDD or SSD, to Windows 10. Third party drive optimization programs are 90% snake oil, 9% unnecessary wear and tear on the drive and maybe 1% benefit.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 56,792
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #24

    No argument there. 10 years ago, maybe different. Not nowadays.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 16,560
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3930
       #25

    NavyLCDR said:
    I'm still convinced to just leave drive optimization, whether it is HDD or SSD, to Windows 10. Third party drive optimization programs are 90% snake oil, 9% unnecessary wear and tear on the drive and maybe 1% benefit.
    f14tomcat said:
    No argument there. 10 years ago, maybe different. Not nowadays.
    I agree.

    And well done to you both on your latest Medal, Star.

    Denis
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 4,594
    Windows 10 Pro
       #26

    Get rid of Auslogic Disk Defrag 9, you don`t need it.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7,607
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #27

    A related thread: auslogics disk defrag
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 449
    win 10
    Thread Starter
       #28

    AddRAM said:
    Get rid of Auslogic Disk Defrag 9, you don`t need it.
    I have since uninstalled it, letting Windows take care of defrag duties for now
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4,594
    Windows 10 Pro
       #29

    Did you optimize your SSD ?

    A shot of my Z170
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSD defrag issue?-disk-defragmentor.jpg  
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 2,935
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #30

    I agree with many people have already said: Get rid of 3rd party defraggers. They are not needed anymore.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums