Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 250
    Windows 10 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #11

    I had another strange thing.

    I shut down the system but after a few seconds it restarted by itself but the screen was black and did not respond to commands.

    I had to shut down abruptly.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 41,535
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #12

    With English as the default language upload a new V2:
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums
    BSOD - Posting Instructions
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 250
    Windows 10 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Hi,

    I got a little busy but ran the v2 log collector.
    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep Attached Files
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 41,535
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #14

    The free space for windows was only:

    Code:
    ------------------------
    Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    ------------------------
          Drive: C:
     Free Space: 16.7 GB
    Total Space: 41.0 GB
    File System: NTFS
          Model: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100
    Code:
    Name                   : TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100
    Model                  : TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100
    Manufacturer           : 
    PartNumber             : 
    SerialNumber           : 474UP85BT
    MediaType              : HDD
    BusType                : SATA
    BootDrive              : True
    PartitionStyle         : GPT
    FirmwareVersion        : AX0R5J
    Size(GB)               : 931.51
    GUID                   : {fca6150a-2cf6-44f9-931b-cfe5d332f84f}
    Health Status          : Healthy
    Wear                   : 0
    Temperature            : 34
    TemperatureMax         : 0
    PowerOnHours           : 19022
    ReadErrorsUncorrected  : 0
    ReadErrorsCorrected    : 0
    WriteErrorsUncorrected : 
    WriteErrorsCorrected   :

    Memory dumps if they form are automatically deleted by Windows when free space is < 25 GB after the creation of the dump file. The memory dump file is typically 500 MB to 2.5 GB.

    So the dump files appear to be limited to mini dumps.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 250
    Windows 10 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #15

    do i have to tick this? it's enough?

    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep-sharedscreenshot.jpg
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 41,535
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #16

    So far the latest BSOD were last seen on 03/03/2021 and displayed: Crash dump initialization failed!
    There were no mini or memory dumps.

    The logs displayed several non BSOD crashes or unexpected shutdowns and restarts after 03/03/2021 with the last on 03/14/2021: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

    These can occur with manual power offs.

    Please check the automatic deletion and place it on a list to modify after troubleshooting has completed.

    Update the progress with:
    making a new restore point
    making free backup images
    learning how to run commands to turn off WDV and return to the desktop.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 250
    Windows 10 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Matthew Wai said:
    @zbook, why not post the following version, which will write the results into a LOG file on the desktop.

    Tuneup_plus_log.bat
    I have tried the script, but it seems to be stuck, it would be useful to have a feedback on the progress of the execution.

    - - - Updated - - -

    zbook said:
    So far the latest BSOD were last seen on 03/03/2021 and displayed: Crash dump initialization failed!
    There were no mini or memory dumps.

    The logs displayed several non BSOD crashes or unexpected shutdowns and restarts after 03/03/2021 with the last on 03/14/2021: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

    These can occur with manual power offs.

    Please check the automatic deletion and place it on a list to modify after troubleshooting has completed.

    Update the progress with:
    making a new restore point
    making free backup images
    learning how to run commands to turn off WDV and return to the desktop.
    I have made restore point and backup, i will learning how to run commands to turn off WDV and return to the desktop.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 7,606
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #18

    einstein1969 said:
    I have tried the script, but it seems to be stuck, it would be useful to have a feedback on the progress of the execution.
    The blinking cursor indicates that operations are in progress. If the actual progress is displayed, the output will not be written into a log file.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 250
    Windows 10 22H2
    Thread Starter
       #19

    Matthew Wai said:
    The blinking cursor indicates that operations are in progress. If the actual progress is displayed, the output will not be written into a log file.
    I hope it will serve you: Progress1.zip is a demo code (execute with admin privileges)

    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep-dism.png
    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep-sfc.png
    Last edited by einstein1969; 20 Mar 2021 at 14:28.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,606
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #20

    Your script displays meaningless dots rather than the actual progress.
    It is pointless to fill the windows with dots.
    Anyway, I will relay your opinion to the BSOD team and see whether they enjoy looking at the dots. Thanks.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums