Stop telemetry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Posts : 176
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2
       #31

    Josey Wales said:
    It is still snake oil. O & O cannot keep the NSA out of your PC or anyone else . How can you prove that NVIDIA Telemetry can be stopped. NVIDIA does not use this Telemetry for nefarious reason only to try and make their product better, The same with Firefox. I do not trust Google, there is now way to know what they do with it. There are over 139 Ways to get into your PC. I don't care what they can see on my PC, I do not use cracks, every app I have is paid for.
    Look here, John Wayne, it's impossible to completely disable someone from somewhere from tracking you. It's impossible for all of us--unless you're Al Gore. Here's what I can tell you: After using NVCleanstall, there were less NVIDIA processes in my task manager, meaning that I had more CPU and RAM available for other programs. So to answer your question, I can't. I just have to trust that when a setting says that it won't do something, then I have to trust it. If you want complete security, then unplug your internet, build a bunker with a lot of canned bacon, and live privacy free.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 25,636
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.1
       #32

    TONPumper said:
    Look here, John Wayne, it's impossible to completely disable someone from somewhere from tracking you. It's impossible for all of us--unless you're Al Gore. Here's what I can tell you: After using NVCleanstall, there were less NVIDIA processes in my task manager, meaning that I had more CPU and RAM available for other programs. So to answer your question, I can't. I just have to trust that when a setting says that it won't do something, then I have to trust it. If you want complete security, then unplug your internet, build a bunker with a lot of canned bacon, and live privacy free.
    I am not John Wayne, just telling you the facts, I couldn't care less if you use whatever you want. You do not have to install everything that is in The Latest NVIDIA driver. If you need GFE to optimize your games you better get a PS4. Have a nice day!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 176
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2
       #33

    Josey Wales said:
    I am not John Wayne, just telling you the facts, I couldn't care less if you use whatever you want. You do not have to install everything that is in The Latest NVIDIA driver. If you need GFE to optimize your games you better get a PS4. Have a nice day!
    Sorry. No hard feelings.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7,086
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #34

    TONPumper said:
    Look here, John Wayne, it's impossible to completely disable someone from somewhere from tracking you. It's impossible for all of us--unless you're Al Gore. Here's what I can tell you: After using NVCleanstall, there were less NVIDIA processes in my task manager, meaning that I had more CPU and RAM available for other programs. So to answer your question, I can't. I just have to trust that when a setting says that it won't do something, then I have to trust it. If you want complete security, then unplug your internet, build a bunker with a lot of canned bacon, and live privacy free.
    I've just used NVCleanstall and was impressed how easy it was to remove the NV bloatware
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 5,078
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #35

    Josey Wales said:
    Then if you use Firefox or Chrome how do you stop their Telemetry?
    I use a couple of Chrome variants instead of Chrome.

    Regarding Firefox:

    https://www.askvg.com/tip-disable-te...refox-quantum/

    https://www.askvg.com/tip-disable-de...zilla-firefox/

    Disable safe browsing and prevent Firefox from sending downloaded file info to Google

    Stop telemetry-telemetry-data.jpg

    Stop telemetry-settings-1.jpg

    Stop telemetry-settings-2.jpg

    Stop telemetry-settings-3.jpg

    Stop telemetry-settings-5.jpg
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 25,636
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.1
       #36

    Firefox uses telemetry to make their product better much the same way as Microsoft.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5,078
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #37

    Josey Wales said:
    Firefox uses telemetry to make their product better much the same way as Microsoft.
    I know. So they don't need my data. They get enough data from other users.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums