Noisy PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 271
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2) / Linux Mint 20 64-bit (Cinnamon)
       #1

    Noisy PC


    Hi,

    I'm trying to find where my PC is being noisy, I'm assuming its a fan but it sounds like a jet engine, here are some pictures, what do you guys think it is?

    I noticed AIDA64 says my CPU fan is max at 6521 and yet my iCUE says its at 1100 RPM (FANS) and 2300 RPM on the (pump). it seems AIDA is reading my CPU FAN or Pump wrong or could the iCUE software be at fault?


    Noisy PC-rpm-1.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,961
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #2

    Open it up and you should be able to find it pretty quick.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 516
    Windows 10 Professional 64bit
       #3

    Fans can also be hot swapped. So, you could temporarily unplug one-by-one to see if the noise disappears.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,594
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #4

    kuyenmotdivad said:
    Hi, I noticed AIDA64 says my CPU fan is max at 6521 and yet my iCUE says its at 1100 RPM (FANS) and 2300 RPM on the (pump).
    6521 RPM? Has the computer hit the ceiling? Sounds insane.
    2300 RPM on the pump? I can't believe that it would be that high.

    Download this - it's free and post back with your results:

    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

    I'm curious.

    Thanks,

      My Computer


  5. Posts : 271
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2) / Linux Mint 20 64-bit (Cinnamon)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Compumind said:
    6521 RPM? Has the computer hit the ceiling? Sounds insane.
    2300 RPM on the pump? I can't believe that it would be that high.

    Download this - it's free and post back with your results:

    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

    I'm curious.

    Thanks,

    If you mean the txt file then here it is : https://tomney.co.uk/HWMonitor.txt
    Also here is the picture from HWMonitor.

    Noisy PC-hwmonitor.jpg
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 4,594
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #6

    Hmm...

    Have you found the fan that is causing the problem?
    Which one is it?

      My Computer



  7. Posts : 13,961
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #7

    Fan 1 4736 RPM [0x1280] (CPU) is the highest RPM I see.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,487
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
       #8

    Your CPU appears to be running near full throttle.

    Your CPU temps are in the mid 30s to mid 40s, depending on where you look in those pix.

    Nothing wrong with those temps at all, considering the throttle level. Quite good actually.

    I'd assume you have some sort of BIOS control over the fan speeds.

    You could likely use the BIOS to set the fans to spin at a lower RPM.

    Temps would increase, but unlikely to a dangerous level. You'd just accept higher temps in exchange for lower noise.

    Take your pick. You may be one of those guys who's over-riding goal is to drive temps down---high noise is a consequence.

    The alternative would be to change case fans (to at least 120 mm if they will fit) or CPU cooler and fan.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 271
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2) / Linux Mint 20 64-bit (Cinnamon)
    Thread Starter
       #9

    ignatzatsonic said:
    Your CPU appears to be running near full throttle.

    Your CPU temps are in the mid 30s to mid 40s, depending on where you look in those pix.

    Nothing wrong with those temps at all, considering the throttle level. Quite good actually.

    I'd assume you have some sort of BIOS control over the fan speeds.

    You could likely use the BIOS to set the fans to spin at a lower RPM.

    Temps would increase, but unlikely to a dangerous level. You'd just accept higher temps in exchange for lower noise.

    Take your pick. You may be one of those guys who's over-riding goal is to drive temps down---high noise is a consequence.

    The alternative would be to change case fans (to at least 120 mm if they will fit) or CPU cooler and fan.
    I left the fans in the ASUS motherboard to the defaults (Q-fan control), should I try setting them all to quiet?

    i prefer quiet PCs as I dont play games on max settings anyway so my temps on my cpu and gpu never go above 75c anyway.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 4,594
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #10

    Hmm...

    I would like to know what fan is spinning at so many RPM, causing the noise.
    Thermals can be a bit tricky to resolve just be adding a larger fan.

    FWIW.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums