Laptop not switching to "High Performance" mode while plugged in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 416
    windows 10
       #11

    How to have the hight performance mode: control panel-> systems and security-> power options. In the options on the left click create a power plan. There must be hight performance mode. This will not clear the dell or normal mode.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,311
    Windows 10
       #12

    "Checking fps in-game"
    There will be no change using the slider or in a Power Plan.

    Slider:
    Better performance > Best performance only changes the way the clock speed range varies, which you can see in the Task Manager, but does not change fps in games. I have checked on this point.

    Intel processors are very adept at turboing up when required. The Better performance setting is just as good.

    On mine, CPU clock speeds:
    Better performance: 0.8 - 3.1 GHz.
    Best performance: 2.5 - 3.1 GHz.

    The only difference is a greater power consumption(&temp) with the Best performance setting. Obviously on a Laptop just generating more heat for no purpose is not good.

    Dell, like a lot of manufacturers put in their own Power Plan, but this is more for power savings and lower temperatures because their cooling system may not be up to much, common in many slim Laptops.

    "This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid "
    That is a matter of colour calibration, Nvidia do have such a "vivid" setting in their driver, probably using another word.

    There is no "performance mode" you are somehow missing.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    itsme1 said:
    How to have the hight performance mode: control panel-> systems and security-> power options. In the options on the left click create a power plan. There must be hight performance mode. This will not clear the dell or normal mode.
    There is no high performance mode to select from

    - - - Updated - - -

    Helmut said:
    "Checking fps in-game"
    There will be no change using the slider or in a Power Plan.

    Slider:
    Better performance > Best performance only changes the way the clock speed range varies, which you can see in the Task Manager, but does not change fps in games. I have checked on this point.

    Intel processors are very adept at turboing up when required. The Better performance setting is just as good.

    On mine, CPU clock speeds:
    Better performance: 0.8 - 3.1 GHz.
    Best performance: 2.5 - 3.1 GHz.

    The only difference is a greater power consumption(&temp) with the Best performance setting. Obviously on a Laptop just generating more heat for no purpose is not good.

    Dell, like a lot of manufacturers put in their own Power Plan, but this is more for power savings and lower temperatures because their cooling system may not be up to much, common in many slim Laptops.

    "This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid "
    That is a matter of colour calibration, Nvidia do have such a "vivid" setting in their driver, probably using another word.

    There is no "performance mode" you are somehow missing.
    What do you suggest is the problem here then? Because hard resetting did not achieve the result I was expecting. Could it be a hardware problem?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 416
    windows 10
       #14

    I have this mod, balanced and power saver. Try on the command line: Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10
    To read maybe interesting: Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10
    Try the slider with your balanced mode.



    EDIT: Power options missing High Performance option
    Missing power options
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #15

    itsme1 said:
    I have this mod, balanced and power saver. Try on the command line: Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10
    To read maybe interesting: Change Power Mode Level in Windows 10
    Try the slider with your balanced mode.



    EDIT: Power options missing High Performance option
    Missing power options
    There is no option to select a high performance scheme when making a new one.
    Laptop not switching to "High Performance" mode while plugged in-annotation-2020-06-20-211021.png

    And I've already tried the solution from the other link you attached. Didn't work
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 416
    windows 10
       #16
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 194
    Windows 10
       #17

    It is so frustrating reading the same thing over and over and over and over again on this forum, and see so many people have still no clue about this, even modern standby exists now for what, 5, or even more years. All those wrong answered on this post.

    Simple short answer: You have a Dell 9570. It uses modern standby. You cant add/change power profiles under modern standby. THE END

    Windows 10 2004 latest version

    Do a clean Windows 10 install, only use the balance profile. Use latest Intel iGPU drivers. There should be no color change between battery and AC. Disable all power saving options in Intel tool. Remove Nvidia Experience too.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 416
    windows 10
       #18

    Yes you have try I had not seen it in your post !

    - - - Updated - - -

    gorgor said:
    It is so frustrating reading the same thing over and over and over and over again on this forum, and see so many people have still no clue about this, even modern standby exists now for what, 5, or even more years. All those wrong answered on this post.

    Simple short answer: You have a Dell 9570. It uses modern standby. You cant add/change power profiles under modern standby. THE END

    Windows 10 2004 latest version

    Do a clean Windows 10 install, only use the balance profile. Use latest Intel iGPU drivers. There should be no color change between battery and AC. Disable all power saving options in Intel tool. Remove Nvidia Experience too.
    It is not new but "...Acer, Lenovo and other PC makers promoted it in their CES 2020 laptop announcements. What's Modern Standby and why you want it on your next laptop - CNET
    Last edited by itsme1; 20 Jun 2020 at 14:38.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 194
    Windows 10
       #19

    @itsme1 omg... this is the most disgusting thing Ive ever seen. I am speechless right now.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 416
    windows 10
       #20

    Why don't I understand !?
    In order for as many people as possible to know what you have said about modern standby, the manufacturers must implement it on their computer.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:36.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums