Found something new in Build 2004 with Defragment and Optimize Drives

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,884
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #11

    On 2004 shows this then I'll reboot.

    Found something new in Build 2004 with Defragment and Optimize Drives-screenshot_7.png

    No need to reboot as it's doing the same. Just checked before rebooting and shows this-

    Found something new in Build 2004 with Defragment and Optimize Drives-screenshot_8.png
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 56,064
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #12

    Fabler2 said:
    On 2004 shows this then I'll reboot.

    Found something new in Build 2004 with Defragment and Optimize Drives-screenshot_7.png

    No need to reboot as it's doing the same. Just checked before rebooting and shows this-

    Found something new in Build 2004 with Defragment and Optimize Drives-screenshot_8.png
    So you doing nothing, it lost it's marbles all by itself. weird........
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 4,224
    Windows 10
       #13

    Definitely interesting. I'll keep an eye on this, too. The joy of Windows: it's always something!
    --Ed--
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 4,026
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
    Thread Starter
       #14

    EdTittel said:
    Definitely interesting. I'll keep an eye on this, too. The joy of Windows: it's always something!
    Careful! Broken windows are sharp!

      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3,884
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #15

    At least it's working on the Dev channel or whatever it's called.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 4,026
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Noticed something new:

    My comments above only apply to SSD's not HDD's in terms of reporting.
    The SSD "needs optimization" while the HDD states "0% fragmented." - except when I fragment the drive on purpose.

    Whatever.

      My Computer


  7. Posts : 4,026
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Fabler2 said:
    At least it's working on the Dev channel or whatever it's called.
    What's working?

      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,884
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #18

    Compumind said:
    What's working?

    Optimising status reporting.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 4,224
    Windows 10
       #19

    I can now confirm this status is resetting on my 2004 PCs (all of which have SSD boot/system drives). Despite running TRIM yesterday, here's what I see this morning. Note: all drives, both SSDs and HDDs, are affected.
    Found something new in Build 2004 with Defragment and Optimize Drives-image.png
    Thanks for brining this to everybody's attention @Compumind. Wonder how long it'll take MS to fix this?
    --Ed--
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 4,026
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
    Thread Starter
       #20

    EdTittel said:
    Thanks for brining this to everybody's attention @Compumind. Wonder how long it'll take MS to fix this?
    You're welcome, Ed. I still don't see it on my HDD's though.
    Microsoft will correct the problem when they know about it, plus 5 years, lol!

    Hear that, Microsoft!

      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums