Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 21,019
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       02 Sep 2015 #21

    Snakeyes said: View Post
    Damn! I should have known. Giants and Yankees fan here. Let's agree to hate each other. Even though, I think Brady is getting a raw deal and Belichick is awesome.
    Well I don't think we have to hate each other, unless on that day, our teams are playing each other. Red Sox suck this year.
    Besides most everyone on here are good folks, EVEN Giants fans!!! Hope we don't get in trouble talking sports.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Dec 2014
    Posts : 108
    Win 10 Pro x64
       03 Sep 2015 #22

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Well I don't think we have to hate each other, unless on that day, our teams are playing each other. Red Sox suck this year.
    Besides most everyone on here are good folks, EVEN Giants fans!!! Hope we don't get in trouble talking sports.
    Thanks, huge Giants fan!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 1
    Linux, OSX, W10,7,XP,Server2003,ME,2000,98,95
       27 Dec 2015 #23

    I have the same situation with an SSD running W10.
    You can use Windows Command Prompt (run as Administrator) to Defrag your drive -
    >defrag /?
    will give you the syntax and options
    >defrag c: /U /V
    is what I use

    defrag will consolidate not only the files, but also the free space on the drive, which gets fragmented too.
    Last edited by gbmel; 27 Dec 2015 at 12:00.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 196
    Windows 10 x64
       27 Dec 2015 #24

    gbmel said: View Post
    I have the same situation with an SSD running W10.
    You can use Windows Command Prompt to Defrag your drive -
    >defrag /? will give you the syntax and options
    Thanks for this. I see that there's a switch specifically for trim. I must give it a try.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,176
    Windows 10 Home
       27 Dec 2015 #25

    Victek said: View Post
    Thanks for this. I see that there's a switch specifically for trim. I must give it a try.
    Recalling an earlier post (maybe another thread), I just tried "defrag /C /O" from an elevated command prompt and it worked fine, including optimizing the recovery partition (again, not REALLY needed). The defrag GUI now shows all volumes at OK & 0 days since last run.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 40
    Windows 10 PRO 64-Bit
       25 Feb 2016 #26

    Hello

    I have this problem after moving my SSD to a SYBA SI-PEX40062 PCI-Express 2.0 x2 Low Profile Ready SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card. The drive comes up "Optimization not available". The controller card drivers are old 6/21/2013 Driver version: 1.2.0.1038 Marvell 92xx SATA 6G Controller Properties. Trim is still enabled if I check it in CMD.

    Anyone have a suggestion how to fix this.

    SYBA SI-PEX40062 PCI-Express 2.0 x2 Low Profile Ready SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card
    http://sybausa.com/productInfo.php?iid=1373

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 40
    Windows 10 PRO 64-Bit
       26 Feb 2016 #27

    MUGEN02 said: View Post
    Hello

    I have this problem after moving my SSD to a SYBA SI-PEX40062 PCI-Express 2.0 x2 Low Profile Ready SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card. The drive comes up "Optimization not available". The controller card drivers are old 6/21/2013 Driver version: 1.2.0.1038 Marvell 92xx SATA 6G Controller Properties. Trim is still enabled if I check it in CMD.

    Anyone have a suggestion how to fix this.

    SYBA SI-PEX40062 PCI-Express 2.0 x2 Low Profile Ready SATA III (6.0Gb/s) Controller Card
    http://sybausa.com/productInfo.php?iid=1373

    Thanks
    I found the latest drivers for this sata card on station-drivers.com but they also caused the drive to become Optimization not available shortly after log in. If I uninstall the drivers and use the windows driver then I have the option to optimize the drive no problem and I see disk usage go up 20% when I click it, which I would guess that Trim is working.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved What does Drive Optimization mean?
I noticed under Drive Tools that both my drives are scheduled for Weekly Drive Optimization. I have a SSD, C:\, and a HDD, D:\. Defrag is not recommended for SSD's, but Drive Optimization isn't Defined. Does anybody know what Drive...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved Does Anyone's Else's Computer Suddenly restart without warning?
Hi there im new to the forums and a upgrade from win 8.1 The install was very smooth when i upgraded, i am having minimal problem with my pc. the only problem is that at the moment, random of times my pc will automatically reset with out warning,...
General Support
Suddenly Going back to W7 while Installing W10
I was installing W10 and got that black screen with the big white circle. Then, once it restarted. When it booted again, suddenly a screen came up saying "Attempting to Recover Installation" then saying "Restoring your previous version of...
Installation and Setup
Windows Threshold wave 2 will focus primarily on optimization
Read more: Windows Threshold wave 2 will focus primarily on optimization
Windows 10 News
Solved What the...??? Suddenly Palemoon has gone borderless...
...and completely unusable...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums