Making My Fonts Completely Optimized in My Fonts Folder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. DeriLoko3's Avatar
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19041.804)
       #1

    Making My Fonts Completely Optimized in My Fonts Folder


    How can I make my fonts completely optimized in my Fonts folder? I do not want to waste my hard disk space. Should I convert the TTF-TTC-FON-OTF fonts to something that are completely optimized?
      My Computer

  2. DeriLoko3's Avatar
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19041.804)
    Thread Starter
       #2

    Any help would be appreciated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    No, really. Any help would be appreciated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I do not want to waste my hard drive.
      My Computer

  3. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 8,359
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H1 Build 19043.1052
       #3

    Deri,

    The most helpful response I can think of is, "Forget it.".

    The hard drive is not going to be significantly different whatever you do with your fonts. So I don't see any point in doing anything. That's just my opinion but, if you disagree, I suggest you explain in quantitative terms what you hope to achieve.

    Denis
      My Computer

  4. DeriLoko3's Avatar
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19041.804)
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Try3 said:
    Deri,

    The most helpful response I can think of is, "Forget it.".

    The hard drive is not going to be significantly different whatever you do with your fonts. So I don't see any point in doing anything. That's just my opinion but, if you disagree, I suggest you explain in quantitative terms what you hope to achieve.

    Denis
    Do you know which font type is more optimized than others?
      My Computer

  5. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 8,359
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H1 Build 19043.1052
       #5

    DeriLoko3 said:
    Do you know which font type is more optimized than others?
    Deri,

    No, I haven't got a clue.

    Denis
      My Computer

  6. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 11,042
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #6

    Font files typically are not large, the Notebook I'm on now has 535 Font files installed [in C:\Windows\Fonts] for a total size of 413MB. Over time I've amassed over 2,000 Fonts and they take up less than 3GB storage/Space on disk, and No they are not installed. As mentioned they won't help a lot for saving space unless they are uninstalled.
      My Computers

  7. DeriLoko3's Avatar
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19041.804)
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Try3 said:
    Deri,

    No, I haven't got a clue.

    Denis
    I see. Well, I was comparing the font type to another to see which one is more optimized than the other.
      My Computer

  8. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 11,042
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #8

    DeriLoko3 said:
    I see. Well, I was comparing the font type to another to see which one is more optimized than the other.
    To add to my post, the .ttf/True Type is usual for Windows and most are also available as .otf/Open Type. Using an Eritta font in comparing one vs the other [uninstalled], the OTF is 28KB and the TTF is 32KB, not much difference and with modern drives capacity and speed that's not enough to worry about. If that item is a problem it usually means time for a new/bigger drive. The ones I see having issues is the smaller computers/Notebooks with only 32GB SSDs and updates/Upgrades with Win10 needing more room, the Notebook I'm on now has a 128GB drive [118GB with 58GB free after 7 months use]. Formatted drives are always about 8-12% or so less after formatting.
      My Computers

  9. DeriLoko3's Avatar
    Posts : 156
    Windows 10 (v10.0.19041.804)
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Berton said:
    To add to my post, the .ttf/True Type is usual for Windows and most are also available as .otf/Open Type. Using an Eritta font in comparing one vs the other [uninstalled], the OTF is 28KB and the TTF is 32KB, not much difference and with modern drives capacity and speed that's not enough to worry about. If that item is a problem it usually means time for a new/bigger drive. The ones I see having issues is the smaller computers/Notebooks with only 32GB SSDs and updates/Upgrades with Win10 needing more room.
    Okay. But, what of TTC and FON?
      My Computer

  10. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 11,042
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #10

    DeriLoko3 said:
    Okay. But, what of TTC and FON?
    Haven't worked with .ttc [maybe a program needs it?] but I recall .fon and .fot from the days of DOS and looks like Windows still uses some such as System.fon, probably for Command Prompt.
    Some pages that may help for the .ttc format:
    .ttc font at DuckDuckGo
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums