Sluggish ever since the upgrade

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #11

    Like league of legends, borderlands, etc they all run at a much lower fps
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #12

    TimeLincoln said:
    It has been like 4 hours though, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow, but most of the programs aren't installed on the ssd and still run sluggish as well
    Well mate a clean install will almost definitely solve your problem and no need to enter licence key skip it if you don't mind installing all your programs again. I'm gonna do this when I have time but I also have a system image of my Windows 7 before the upgrade so I can go back to it whenever I like. So now you have the upgrade and are activated you could roll back take a image, do a clean install of 10 and if you don't like it put your 7 image back on.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Bazz said:
    Well mate a clean install will almost definitely solve your problem and no need to enter licence key skip it if you don't mind installing all your programs again. I'm gonna do this when I have time but I also have a system image of my Windows 7 before the upgrade so I can go back to it whenever I like. So now you have the upgrade and are activated you could roll back take a image, do a clean install of 10 and if you don't like it put your 7 image back on.
    Yeah I'm aware of that, been contemplating it, I just went through hell to get windows 10, this was a clean install btw it wasn't the upgrade path, so I don't know what the issue could be, I clean installed windows 7, then clean installed 10 on top of that
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #14

    TimeLincoln said:
    Yeah I'm aware of that, been contemplating it, I just went through hell to get windows 10, this was a clean install btw it wasn't the upgrade path, so I don't know what the issue could be, I clean installed windows 7, then clean installed 10 on top of that
    I wasn't aware you could clean install 10 without the upgrade first.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #15

    Bazz said:
    I wasn't aware you could clean install 10 without the upgrade first.
    You download the iso, burn to a disc and then clean install
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #16

    TimeLincoln said:
    You download the iso, burn to a disc and then clean install
    Yes I'm aware of that but if you didn't do the upgrade first it will not activate so I'm led to beleave or any Tom Dick or Doris can install 10 for free on any PC.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Bazz said:
    Yes I'm aware of that but if you didn't do the upgrade first it will not activate so I'm led to beleave or any Tom Dick or Doris can install 10 for free on any PC.
    Well I did install it previously, but in order to get a successful install I had to reinstall 7, with my windows.old folder still there, and then I did a clean install of 10 from that. So my PC was still registered to get a free upgrade
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Back to the subject of the thread though, I did a few tests, and it doesn't matter the quality of the game, from very high settings, to very low settings, the fps problems persist, so I think it has to be a system issue and not a graphics issue
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #19

    TimeLincoln said:
    Back to the subject of the thread though, I did a few tests, and it doesn't matter the quality of the game, from very high settings, to very low settings, the fps problems persist, so I think it has to be a system issue and not a graphics issue
    I tend to agree shot in the dark check for updates windows 10 has a update from Nvidia after install.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 62
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #20

    Bazz said:
    I tend to agree shot in the dark check for updates windows 10 has a update from Nvidia after install.
    Yeah I have every update I can do right now, I know they have an update scheduled for tomorrow but we'll see if it fixes anythinganything
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums