Many errors of Event 131 in Logs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 531
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H2
       #1

    Many errors of Event 131 in Logs


    Since the 9th of October, I noticed many event 131 errors in the Logs saying:

    Metadata staging failed result=0x80070057 for container {D397268A-724C-B4EF-D641-C9234BA2948B}

    or

    Metadata staging failed result=0x8007000D for container {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}

    Anyone else noticed these in the Logs? I have Windows 10 Pro 1809 build 17763.775.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6,917
    windows 10
       #2

    Some fixes here like restting time server https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 531
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Samuria said:
    Some fixes here like restting time server https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup
    WIll try that out, thanks. Do you have these errors in the Logs?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 427
    Windows 11 pro X64 latest
       #4

    This is a bug.
    read more here:
    -https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ffda40e-bc70-4a49-9423-cba3fdc7ec0d/devicemetadataserviceurl-httpgomicrosoftcomfwlinklinkid252669ampclcid0x409?forum=win10itprosetup
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 531
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H2
    Thread Starter
       #5

    boombastik said:
    This is a bug.
    read more here:
    -https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ffda40e-bc70-4a49-9423-cba3fdc7ec0d/devicemetadataserviceurl-httpgomicrosoftcomfwlinklinkid252669ampclcid0x409?forum=win10itprosetup
    Thanks for the info. However, I'm not experiencing those mentioned firewall issues during browsing. Are you also seeing these 131 events in the Logs?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 8,633
    Mac OS Catalina
       #6

    JohnnyGui said:
    Thanks for the info. However, I'm not experiencing those mentioned firewall issues during browsing. Are you also seeing these 131 events in the Logs?
    That error comes up if you are using a Sandbox or VM on a machine. Are you using either or Hyper-Visor? It also appears that you have posted elsewhere with the same request and already had a few replies. Spamming multiple forums is not going to do anything but cause your problem to fall on deaf ears when a search is done to find an answer.

    You have been given the proper answer at https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral by a MVP.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 427
    Windows 11 pro X64 latest
       #7

    This has nothing to do with firewall and sandbox. This is a problem with the metadata server when devices and printers try to receive proper icons from server but stuck in a loop. The solution is in the last post of the link i post from ksuvi khor.
    You can recreate the problem every time you open devices and printer your event viewer will have 131 events.

    Many errors of Event 131 in Logs-.jpg
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 985
    Windows 10 Home 21H1
       #8

    JohnnyGui said:
    Since the 9th of October, I noticed many event 131 errors in the Logs saying:

    Metadata staging failed result=0x80070057 for container {D397268A-724C-B4EF-D641-C9234BA2948B}

    or

    Metadata staging failed result=0x8007000D for container {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}

    Anyone else noticed these in the Logs? I have Windows 10 Pro 1809 build 17763.775.
    Hi Johnny,
    Im using Windows 10 Home. At about the same time as you, I started to get the same DeviceSetupManager 131 errors on every bootup. I got 5 on every single boot for 3 or 4 days. The errors weren't causing any issues. On the next day after that the errors disappeared and everything went back to normal and has been fine ever since. I read a post that said Microsoft have Metadata server problems from time to time so you aren't able to connect in a timely fashion. I would just ignore it and see if the problem is at Microsofts end because if it is the errors will disappear on their own when Microsoft rectify the problem with their Metadata servers. The post I read said that they usually fix these servers within a day or two but in my case it took them slightly longer than that
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 56,063
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #9

    This 131 error is an ancient beast. Been around since Win 8 days. There is a fix for it. Seems the Metadata link MS uses by default is a FWLINK, meaning the request is forwarded to another MS server, and it breaks. This is a link to a thread in Eightforums that explains.

    Continues Errors at startup "Metadata staging failed" | Page 2 | Windows 8 Help Forums

    I had these also, after the update, and remembered I had saved the fix. It's a .reg change to use the direct MS url instead of the FWLINK. Simply merge (apply) this .reg in the zip file, reboot, and the 131 errors should go away. In the .reg I also include as a comment the original Registry entry.

    Correct_METADATA_URL - Use this to fix event log error 131.zip
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 985
    Windows 10 Home 21H1
       #10

    f14tomcat said:
    This 131 error is an ancient beast. Been around since Win 8 days. There is a fix for it. Seems the Metadata link MS uses by default is a FWLINK, meaning the request is forwarded to another MS server, and it breaks. This is a link to a thread in Eightforums that explains.

    Continues Errors at startup "Metadata staging failed" | Page 2 | Windows 8 Help Forums

    I had these also, after the update, and remembered I had saved the fix. It's a .reg change to use the direct MS url instead of the FWLINK. Simply merge (apply) this .reg in the zip file, reboot, and the 131 errors should go away. In the .reg I also include as a comment the original Registry entry.

    Correct_METADATA_URL - Use this to fix event log error 131.zip
    Yeah I too read about the fix but I also saw advice to leave it alone because Microsoft would sort the problem out at their end. So rather than mess with the registry I left well alone. A few days later Microsoft had sorted out their Metadata servers and all was well again. I don't know what problems those Metadata staging errors cause in the meantime but personally I didn't notice any issues at all. I don't know whether I was just lucky
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums