Shocked by the low performance of a Q9550...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

  1. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #71

    Just to report:

    Q9550 w/ GTX980 is very smooth. Can stream youtube 1080p w/ no issues. Can even run some games I like @ 1080p @ 60Hz @ medium settings. Using Win 10 Pro w/ latest Nvidia drivers.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #72

    It is NOT fake. As I already said several times, I did benchmarks on it and the results were as expected. The GT 730 performed just fine in another newer PC, slightly better I guess due to the MoBo, omitting the specific problem of the Dell.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Q9550Tsunami said:
    Just to report:

    Q9550 w/ GTX980 is very smooth. Can stream youtube 1080p w/ no issues. Can even run some games I like @ 1080p @ 60Hz @ medium settings. Using Win 10 Pro w/ latest Nvidia drivers.
    Can you check in which setting YouTube starts to play laggy?

    1080p 60fps? 1440? 4K? 4K 60fps?

    If all of them play smoothly, then the GPU is taking over the CPU, this one doing pretty much nothing. My guess is that it won't be able to handle 1080p 60fps, or 4K.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #73

    rambomhtri said:
    Can you check in which setting YouTube starts to play laggy?
    1080p 60fps? 1440? 4K? 4K 60fps?
    If all of them play smoothly, then the GPU is taking over the CPU, this one doing pretty much nothing. My guess is that it won't be able to handle 1080p 60fps, or 4K.
    I've only got a 1080p monitor connected, so can't try anything higher res. But it's about 20% cpu usage for 1080p @ 60fps.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,238
    win10 PRO on 5 PC's and Linux mint
       #74

    A GT730, not a GTX has played every video smooth for me. I dont know about playing a 4k video on a 4k TV though, but they play ok on 1080p TV

    In the PC I am using right now, I have an old GTX265, and it plays a 4K video from youtube pretty good on my 1080p monitor. Does it have to be a 4k monitor to load down a gpu?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #75

    Q9550Tsunami said:
    I've only got a 1080p monitor connected, so can't try anything higher res. But it's about 20% cpu usage for 1080p @ 60fps.
    sdowney717 said:
    A GT730, not a GTX has played every video smooth for me. I dont know about playing a 4k video on a 4k TV though, but they play ok on 1080p TV

    In the PC I am using right now, I have an old GTX265, and it plays a 4K video from youtube pretty good on my 1080p monitor. Does it have to be a 4k monitor to load down a gpu?
    Yeah, to you both:
    1. You don't need a 4K monitor to be able to playback from YouTube a video at 4K 60fps. That video will be 4K 60fps, and you will test if it can handle it. It does not matter that your screen only shows 1080. Your hardware will handle the 4K anyway, it does not care about what screen you have connected.
    2. One bigger step is to actually connect a 4K monitor, using 4K resolution in Windows. That will definitely affect your HW, and it will be tougher to play a 1080p or 4K video via a 4K monitor.

    Also, depending what browser you use and how it is set up, the video might be handled by the CPU or GPU. It's a little complicated because there are many variables. I'm pretty sure the Q9550 can't handle at all a 4K 60fps YouTube video, but if your HW and everything else allows your GPU to enter the game, then you could mistakenly believe that the CPU can handle that stuff, while in reality it's your GPU. Same can happen the other way around.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16
    Windows 7
       #76

    rambomhtri said:
    Where?
    In my previous post to the one your replied to on this thread.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 latest build
       #77

    muchomurka said:
    muchomurka said:
    Passive riser cable does not degrade PCI Express version number & speed. Time to try it.
    btw, this guy answerd the question, if anyone other then the OP wandering what was the problem....the OP clearly has some ego problems or maybe he just dont understands computers to aditional degree. Ok, now i'm being rude...but, thats only beacuse the OP was rude to the only guy that actually answered his question.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 191
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter
       #78

    prichina said:
    btw, this guy answerd the question, if anyone other then the OP wandering what was the problem....the OP clearly has some ego problems or maybe he just dont understands computers to aditional degree. Ok, now i'm being rude...but, thats only beacuse the OP was rude to the only guy that actually answered his question.
    You are being an idiot and a liar, not rude. I was NOT rude to that user until that same user kept telling me to buy cables or things ONCE I have already told him the PC was removed, stored in the attic, with some parts sold already (in other words, not available for testing at all) and I said it very clear that I was not spending a cent on that PC anymore. He said one more time "BUY THIS AND TEST IT". So I replied something like "can't you read or what". Here's my reply, learn to read and don't cherry pick messages:

    "Excuse me.

    First, I'm chill. Second, I'm respectful, didn't insult anyone. Third, what do you say to a user that tells you to buy things to test a PC you already said it's stored in the attic (not setup anymore), you answer again that the PC is "out", with components removed, and that you are not buying anything, and reply again "time to buy the cable"?

    My direct answer was "exactly what you didn't get"?

    There's help, and then there's no reading/reasoning.
    "

    By the way, you only have 1 message, directly to this topic, pretty weird for a new user to reply some random thread with so many posts and be so specific. I'm noticing the user you are "defending" is banned. There's a high chance you are that banned user you are defending. Ridiculous to come here as another user to defend yourself with another account. Any other theory makes zero sense. New user, first post, defends a very specific user in a huge thread with hundreds of replies... Smells like doggarbage.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,238
    win10 PRO on 5 PC's and Linux mint
       #79

    Ok, the challenge is on.
    I took video of my SFF Optiplex 755 playing perfect 1080p video
    has 6gb ddr2 (editied as originally I said 4)
    500gb ssd evo
    Q35 chipset (whatever it comes with)
    Nvidia 610 2gb video card pcie
    Q9550 cpu 4 core
    Verizon fios internet

    here is the video, it is super fresh so google is still processing it

    Shared album - Scott Downey - Google Photos

    - - - Updated - - -

    Playing 1440p, also looks perfect, give it some time for google to process the videos so the blockiness goes away.
    Shared album - Scott Downey - Google Photos

    - - - Updated - - -

    took an Avengers movie clip at 2k (1440p), plays perfect, then switched to 4K, and of course it stutters, I fully expect that with that GT610 card in there.
    Here it is.
    Shared album - Scott Downey - Google Photos
    Last edited by sdowney717; 07 Feb 2021 at 06:11.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:40.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums