Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
       10 Aug 2015 #31

    I disabled bluetooth already. Fast boot is able. I defragged the disk after upgrade(from 8.1 pro). I already disabled unnecessary services and startup items but still very very slow boot-up.. It freezes before lock screen and also after you log in taskbar is not accessable for a few minutes and some desktop icons are not loaded in that time. So only one thing that useful for me after upgrading to windows 10 and that was Windows + alt + R ) Recording game videos.. Otherwise windows 10 is not a proper operating system right now...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    10 x64
       10 Aug 2015 #32

    Looks like we have different issues in this thread. Some of you have problems while booting and some (me included) have problems during shutdown. They might not have the same causes.
    Meanwile, I have replaced my Bluetooth mouse with a wireless mouse and my system is a breeze. Still would prefer to use the Bluetooth mouse. Dell promised to remotely troubleshoot my notebook later on today. Will post if a fix appears.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
       11 Aug 2015 #33

    yeah maybe different issues but there is a main issue that our pc's are not as good as before. Windows 10 was good for me while i was using technical previews but after upgrade it is not usable for me. Maybe we need clean install but we are afraid of losing some data.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       12 Aug 2015 #34

    You think you all got it bad? I'm experiencing this too, but I kid you not when I say that I get the Windows logo and spinning icon before 45 MINUTES of black screen, on average. I don't see this on a cold boot, just on restarts. It's annoying to say the least, but downright death to productivity or game time if new software or updates need to be installed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Win10
       19 Aug 2015 #35

    Recently upgraded direct from Win7 64 Home premium to Win 10.

    Basically everything seems OK .... other than shutdown.

    Booting is about the same, if not a tad quicker, than Win7 ... and comes in at about 40secs. But shutting down, that used to be about 10 to 15 secs, is now in the regions of 90secs.

    Updates? Nope .... this happens if I shut down after a long period of use, reboot (that should have taken care of any updates!), then immediately shut down again.

    Any thoughts, anyone?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
       19 Aug 2015 #36

    OzoneVibe said: View Post
    Recently upgraded direct from Win7 64 Home premium to Win 10.

    Basically everything seems OK .... other than shutdown.

    Booting is about the same, if not a tad quicker, than Win7 ... and comes in at about 40secs. But shutting down, that used to be about 10 to 15 secs, is now in the regions of 90secs.

    Updates? Nope .... this happens if I shut down after a long period of use, reboot (that should have taken care of any updates!), then immediately shut down again.

    Any thoughts, anyone?
    Try turning on or off fast startup.
    also check registry. go to key
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

    and check if ClearPageFileAtShutdown is 1. if it is 1 change it to 0.

    NOTE: If none of these works change back them to default.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Win10
       19 Aug 2015 #37

    trd3v3lop said: View Post
    Try turning on or off fast startup.
    also check registry. go to key
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

    and check if ClearPageFileAtShutdown is 1. if it is 1 change it to 0.

    NOTE: If none of these works change back them to default.
    Ah - sorted!

    Clear Page File was 0 ... left at that.

    Disabling Fast Startup was the key.
    Shutdown is now as it used to be! Yay!

    Interestingly ... Startup is only 2 seconds slower with Fast Startup disabled. So a real result!

    Thanks!

    (Interestingly, as a bonus, this also led me to where I could add the Hibernation option back to the Power Menu. Rarely use ... but like it to be there for when I do want to use!)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
       19 Aug 2015 #38

    OzoneVibe said: View Post
    Ah - sorted!

    Clear Page File was 0 ... left at that.

    Disabling Fast Startup was the key.
    Shutdown is now as it used to be! Yay!

    Interestingly ... Startup is only 2 seconds slower with Fast Startup disabled. So a real result!

    Thanks!

    (Interestingly, as a bonus, this also led me to where I could add the Hibernation option back to the Power Menu. Rarely use ... but like it to be there for when I do want to use!)
    I am glad that you solved your problem
    --Also you can speed up your startup with checking startup items(from task manager) and services(from msconfig "click hide all microsoft services")--
    Our problem is still occurs.. slow startup.. i did everything but still pc is booting very slowly. Only solution seems making a clean install
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 5
    Win10
       19 Aug 2015 #39

    trd3v3lop said: View Post
    ....
    Our problem is still occurs.. slow startup.. i did everything but still pc is booting very slowly. Only solution seems making a clean install
    May not be your problem ... a friend cured his SERIOUSLY slow startup by not having his Samsung SSD encrypted.
    Good luck!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10
       19 Aug 2015 #40

    OzoneVibe said: View Post
    May not be your problem ... a friend cured his SERIOUSLY slow startup by not having his Samsung SSD encrypted.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for advice but i don't have ssd )
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
What is your Windows 10 Restart Time?
Strictly Windows 10 only. Remember this is not a cold boot. Restart Time - Windows 7 Help Forums I was a little disappointed with my new build but here it is anyway (Build 10122): 19738
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing
Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do?
General Support
Slow restarts when using a restart OTHER than Win10 10122
Strange. I have a restart button on a gadget control panel and it takes forever to restart. If I use the restart supplied with the Start menu, it is its usual quick self. Problem is that I had to do a restart for Calibre and it too was hung for all...
General Support
Update slow then bam no boot after restart.
Hi Just ran WU today with 3 updates on 10 TP in VMware player, the updates were stuck at 66% for ages then completed and said a restart was scheduled. so I restarted straight away. After the restart the screen said configuring Windows with...
Windows Updates and Activation
Startup Slow
I don't if this is already a feature I don't know about or if its something i should suggest to Microsoft to implement... After the welcome screen when it shows the desktop, my laptop is normally unresponsive for around 30 seconds. I know that...
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums