[Question] Clearing Standby memory when free memory reaches some level


  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 v.1803 Build 17133.73
       #1

    [Question] Clearing Standby memory when free memory reaches some level


    Since i'm a PC Gamer, i'm having a lot of troubles with the Standby memory 'stealing' my free memory numbers. So, i have a question:

    Is there any software for Win 10 that automatically clears the standby memory when Free memory reaches, for example, 100mb ?

    I know the task scheduler solution with the 'EmptyStandbyList.exe - wj32' that is all around the Win 10 forums, but that solution is not the most 'smart' since when i forget it turned ON it will constantly clear my standby memory every 5 minutes, even if i have tons of free memory, when i'm browsing for example..

    I tried RamMap but it's not automatic, so i would have to alt+tab any game to clear the memory.

    Memory Cleaner by Koshy John has a 'Clear Cache' function, but not the 'Clear Standby' one.

    So, is there any software that does that?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,357
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #2

    Have a look at these:

    Download MemPlus 1.3.2.0 (Free)

    Option to auto clean only working set (if enabled)

    I've never used the software.

    I do use this:

    CleanMem Free/Pro | PcWinTech.comâ„¢

    However I use the free version and I believe the features you need are only enabled in the pro version.

    EDIT: You could also test this:

    Download Portable Mem Reduct 3.3.2

    [Question] Clearing Standby memory when free memory reaches some level-memreduct-settings.jpg

    You get to settings via File > Settings
    Last edited by Callender; 28 May 2018 at 12:54. Reason: add info
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 v.1803 Build 17133.73
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thanks Callender that's exactly what i was looking for.. And it seems the memPlus software was updated on May 2nd 2018. Im gonna test this.


    EDIT: It worked with the Mem Plus 1.3.2.0 but since it based on % of memory usage when it reached the % in game, it kept cleaning the Standby every second..

    I really need one that's based on the Free memory status. Something like, 'When the free memory goes below 100mb clean the memory (standby)".

    Callender said:
    Have a look at these:

    Download MemPlus 1.3.2.0 (Free)

    Option to auto clean only working set (if enabled)

    I've never used the software.

    I do use this:

    CleanMem Free/Pro | PcWinTech.comâ„¢

    However I use the free version and I believe the features you need are only enabled in the pro version.

    EDIT: You could also test this:

    Download Portable Mem Reduct 3.3.2

    [Question] Clearing Standby memory when free memory reaches some level-memreduct-settings.jpg

    You get to settings via File > Settings
    Last edited by guigow; 28 May 2018 at 14:05.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,357
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #4

    guigow said:
    I really need one that's based on the Free memory status. Something like, 'When the free memory goes below 100mb clean the memory (standby)".
    All the ones I've used work on percentage including CleanMem. I will post if I find anything.

      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,252
    Windows 10 Pro
       #5

    Why do you think it necessary to free standby memory?
    The normal state for available memory is on the standby list, not free. Windows was designed to function optimally with zero free memory. I have often seen this with no issues of any kind. The ideal would be zero free memory at all times but we are not there yet.

    I have tried a number of these memory cleaners (just for experimental purposes) and have been thoroughly unimpressed.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,357
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #6

    Maybe memory doesn't need to be freed but I've always had a more stable and responsive system when using initially a RAMdisk (currently not using due to low spec machine with limited RAM) and I've used other stuff like ProcessLasso in the past.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 v.1803 Build 17133.73
    Thread Starter
       #7

    LMiller7 said:
    Why do you think it necessary to free standby memory?
    The normal state for available memory is on the standby list, not free. Windows was designed to function optimally with zero free memory. I have often seen this with no issues of any kind. The ideal would be zero free memory at all times but we are not there yet.

    I have tried a number of these memory cleaners (just for experimental purposes) and have been thoroughly unimpressed.
    The situation is:

    Why do i want 2gb of Standby memory when the game is paging file because it's lacking of free memory and not using that 'useless' resource?? I didn't pay for a 8gb to see windows locking 2gb for no reason.

    There's a in-game graph monitor that shows that when there's no free memory the game runs badly. But when there's free memory (stolen from the useless standby) the game runs smoothly.. With no stuttering (no graph variations)

    I'm using a standby cleaner already and the result is brilliant for gaming. I just need a better MODE of cleaning. To clean the standby only when needed (no free memory) and not every 5 minutes (most of the time won't be needed every 5 minutes maybe 10). But if i close the game it will keep cleaning every 5 minutes.

    Thousands of Battlefield 1 players with very expensive computers were having problems with stuttering.. Doesn't matter if it was 16gb or a 8gb PC. The ram management on newer versions of windows 10 is badly planned.

    On previous versions of windows 10 there were no issue like that. Microsoft failed badly.. It's a clear example of bad ram management..

    It happens with tons of games not only BF1.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 v.1803 Build 17133.73
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Callender said:
    All the ones I've used work on percentage including CleanMem. I will post if I find anything.

    Thanks for your help.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums