Why Certain DCOM 10016 Events Don't Matter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    3 Weeks Ago #21

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Hey Ed: GRC
    I don't know if this tool is useful since my laptop has defeated it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	212974
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    3 Weeks Ago #22

    I just tried to run the tool yesterday as well, and got the same error. My best guess is that the GRC DCOMbobulator is making DCOM calls that 1809 does not support. As the tool itself observes, DCOM isn't used that much any more. I'm not concerned about it myself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    3 Weeks Ago #23

    EdTittel said: View Post
    I just tried to run the tool yesterday as well, and got the same error. My best guess is that the GRC DCOMbobulator is making DCOM calls that 1809 does not support. As the tool itself observes, DCOM isn't used that much any more. I'm not concerned about it myself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
    Both my PCs on 1803 & 1709 have that error.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,325
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       3 Weeks Ago #24

    Steve C said: View Post
    I don't know if this tool is useful since my laptop has defeated it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	212974
    EdTittel said: View Post
    I just tried to run the tool yesterday as well, and got the same error. My best guess is that the GRC DCOMbobulator is making DCOM calls that 1809 does not support. As the tool itself observes, DCOM isn't used that much any more. I'm not concerned about it myself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
    Hey gents...
    I was more interested about the DCOM information that the tool
    Personally I don't care how full my Event Viewer get's with errors that don't show up in reliability history.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    3 Weeks Ago #25

    Good point @Cliff S. Seems like we're all cheerfully indifferent.
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    2 Weeks Ago #26

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Good point @Cliff S. Seems like we're all cheerfully indifferent.
    --Ed--
    Who cares about apathy anyway?
    Sorry - couldn't resist
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 22,325
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       2 Weeks Ago #27

    VBF said: View Post
    Who cares about apathy anyway?
    Sorry - couldn't resist
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    2 Weeks Ago #28

    @VBF Good one! Meta-humor, even. Keep it up!
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    1 Week Ago #29

    I've read the MS article and I do not concur with the "working as by design" excuse.

    Per the description of the problem this should not be categorized as an Error, if this really is expected behavior. It should be either "Information" or "Warning".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    1 Week Ago #30

    gboutin said: View Post
    I've read the MS article and I do not concur with the "working as by design" excuse.

    Per the description of the problem this should not be categorized as an Error, if this really is expected behavior. It should be either "Information" or "Warning".
    Hi, and welcome to TenForums!
    It's an informational warning that a designed error has occurred!...
    Bottom line...don't bother. That's Microsoft, what can we do?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} and APPID {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL...
I have been seeing the following even in my laptop's System log for quite some time. (Months.) The error says essentially: The user CALM1\BobTB, does not have Local Activation permission to the DCom app named RuntimeBroker. The...
Before the update i had 0 of these errors now with 1709 i get them daily and everytime on boot up aswell (the keys change from day to day tho) So is this a critical error and does it need to be fixed? Or is it a mess by microsoft and just...
Cortana and DCOM Error Event 10016 in Performance & Maintenance
My PC was giving many DCOM error 10016 involving Cortana as follows: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID...
Solved DCOM error 10016 in Performance & Maintenance
I'm told this is a rather common error after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have read many posts and suggested solutions, but I still get the error in the System Event Log when starting up. I suppose I could ignore it, as there does...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09.
Find Us