100% CPU Usage after PC start

  1.    09 Apr 2018 #1

    100% CPU Usage after PC start

    Hi guys,

    Since few weeks I start to experience some really strange things. Every time I fresh boot my PC and whenever I open Google chrome for instance the PC start to lag , and I mean really laging its like my mouse some time cant even move ... if I'm able to bring windows task manager I notice that all my applicaiton , like antivirus , google chrome some other like steam, skype and consuming wayyy to much CPU like 20% or so so few apps 15-20% and my CPU USAGE goes to 100% , which cause absolutly lag. The only solution I found so far is to simply press CTRL+ALT+DEL and click sign out, this usually closes every process and whenever I Log back I dont have any problem my CPU usage stays at 1% and the PC can run for days without this issue. At first I though this is some kind of malware, so I uninstalled my free Avast anti-virus , and bought Kaspersky , did a full scan , and found absolutly nothing , So I guess virus/malware is not a option anymore.

    I Do have a clock which is nothing much and I have tested the pc with stable tests and I dont get BSOD. I even decrease the clock before I have boosted my RAM even higher and was still not having any issues.

    Here is my PC config:

    CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @3.9ghz
    RAM: 2x8GM G.Skill(3600) running on 3200 mhz
    PSU:Evga 750W G3
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI hero
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 12,303
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       10 Apr 2018 #2

    Hi CrazyElement. Welcome to the TenForums @CrazyElement

    When you say you do a Fresh boot do you mean this happens after a "Restart" or does this happen after powering up from "Shutdown"?

    Restart is a fresh or new copy of windows, a power up is not (can be if you have Fast Startup disabled).

    If this happens only when you power up could you press the shift key and click shutdown the next time you want to power off. Then test when you start up. (Holding shift and powering down gives you fresh copy of windows).

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Apr 2018 #3

    Hey. It happens when fresh boot. Aka from a normal shut down. I didn't know about this holding shift. Will try it, but the strange thing is that it doesn't do it all the time
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 12,303
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       12 Apr 2018 #4

    Okay. Shutting down normally does not give you a fresh copy of Windows unless you have Fast Startup disabled.

    Here is a tutorial to explain process.

    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

    Holding the shift key down forces a fresh copy.

    Restart provides a fresh copy.

    Let's see how it goes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    13 Apr 2018 #5

    Fast startup is disabled since I installed the windows ..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 12,303
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       13 Apr 2018 #6


    And when you shutdown everything is closed, browser, apps, Office?

    Process Explorer will give you way more detail than task manager to help isolate activity causing the CPU usage.

      My ComputerSystem Spec


Related Threads
So on Saturday of last week my PC started to run slow. I open up task manager to check what was going on and I am greeted with it showing me that I have very high CPU usage, and constant capped-out disk usage. Over the course of the past few days...
Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage. If you like, you could see your data usage at a glance...
100% Disk Usage On Windows Start-Up in Performance & Maintenance
Hello TenForums, I'm currently having a problem with my Windows 10. Whenever it boots up and goes to the User Login (The Wallpaper for that sometimes takes around 5-6 minutes to actually respond) Which means when I press 'Enter' before those...
Solved Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"? in Performance & Maintenance
My CPU usage is going unstable and is going all over the place when I open programs like firefox. It can go up to 60% when I do something simple like play a video. On the other hand, my memory is always at 40%+ and this is actually stable Here...
so like the title says i have been using Brinks method to reset Data Usage by deleting the SRU folder contents , now somehow the SRU folder decided to stop rebuilding data , so i would like of all who has any sort of knowledge about this topic to...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:31.
Find Us