Windows 10: No option or slider to adjust Brightness ? Solved


  1. Posts : 5,053
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       17 Feb 2018 #1

    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?


    Intel Compute Stick.
    Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248.

    The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display.

    It is too bright. Hurting my eyes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 19,812
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       17 Feb 2018 #2

    davidhk said: View Post
    Intel Compute Stick.
    Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248.

    The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display.

    It is too bright. Hurting my eyes.
    Brightness sliders are only in !all in ones", like laptops, and tablets I believe.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5,053
    windows 10 Home threshold2
    Thread Starter
       17 Feb 2018 #3

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Brightness sliders are only in !all in ones", like laptops, and tablets I believe.
    Right now I am connecting the stick to a TV.
    So I thought there will be an option on the TV itself. Nope. No option to change brightness either. That's crazy.

    Thanks anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 19,812
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       17 Feb 2018 #4

    davidhk said: View Post
    Right now I am connecting the stick to a TV.
    So I thought there will be an option on the TV itself. Nope. No option to change brightness either. That's crazy.

    Thanks anyway.
    You're welcome.
    If the tv doesn't have a backlight control, you need to go into advanced options(if you can) and adjust the brightness(black level) and contrast(or picture).
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 5,053
    windows 10 Home threshold2
    Thread Starter
       17 Feb 2018 #5

    Adding ................

    OK. I've found the Brightness option on my TV.
    The reason I did not find it before was because the Picture was set as Standard which does not allow change of Brightness.
    Changed to Personal allowed me to change Brightness.

    It's better for my eyes now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 19,812
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       17 Feb 2018 #6

    davidhk said: View Post
    Adding ................

    OK. I've found the Brightness option on my TV.
    The reason I did not find it before was because the Picture was set as Standard which does not allow change of Brightness.
    Changed to Personal allowed me to change Brightness.

    It's better for my eyes now.
    On both my monitors, and my TV, I have daytime(well sun lit room) settings, and evening(electric ambient lighting) sert, my laptop though burns my eyes out.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I read that the Creators Update will offer the much-needed brightness slider within the Action Center. However, after the update, I still don't see it. Am I missing something? 129766
Solved Cant adjust pc Brightness in General Support
My notebook stopped working the hotkeys FN F8 FN 9 to increase/decrease brightness . When i go to windows settings > color calibration, it displays that pop up: I already deleted and reinstalled my graphics drivers, but don't solved the...
I have updated my drivers. I've looked at about 3 threads here and all the tutorials. I still don't see any way to adjust brightness, and this might be the reason I return this HP PC. Can anyone help me out? Its not in the settings in customize...
Adjust brightness? in Customization
I find the white of the win 10 windows just easy to bright, especially late are night. I don't wanna reduce my monitors brightness cos i have to up it again after to pay my xbox.is there a brightness setting?
Can't adjust brightness in Graphic Cards
Hi guys. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 on my acer notebook which I use when I travel. It has intel graphics. Brightness is stuck at 100. And it's not that big of a deal but it becomes a problem when I am in complete darkness. Help I guess? ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01.
Find Us