Windows 10: Rate my build?? Please :) 1st time, not sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 137
    10 Pro 16299.248 64 Bit
       19 Nov 2017 #11

    love the second configuration a lot. as for seagate's externals one i have a 2tb usb 3.1 and i have never had a issue with it. i was extremely leery since in the past seagate hdd's tended to run hot, so i always bought western digital. i don't remember the specific model name but it's only about the size of a ssd.

    https://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Expans.../dp/B00TKFEE5S
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 137
    10 Pro 16299.248 64 Bit
       19 Nov 2017 #12

    forget the asrock mobo. roommate has a asrock for the ryzen processor and he keeps having to go back to the asus board.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    19 Nov 2017 #13

    xXWhackerXx said: View Post
    forget the asrock mobo. roommate has a asrock for the ryzen processor and he keeps having to go back to the asus board.
    Thanks, so if not the asrock, can you make a suggestion?
    I'm really interested in onboard wireless connectivity but it's not essential as I can just add the adapter card for 45$ nbd.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 Nov 2017 #14

    lol ok I'm dumb. . thought that was an ASUS board.
    People have been telling me to get an asus board all day and I pick the wrong brand.

    Here's the link to the final build. HAL 2.0 - eric9000ks Saved Part List - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core, GeForce GT 1030 2GB Low Profile, 750D ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker Canada
    I'm going to start buying as soon as this evening. Would really appreciate a final stamp of approval, will mark as solved and be on my way.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 137
    10 Pro 16299.248 64 Bit
       19 Nov 2017 #15

    eric9000k said: View Post
    Thanks, so if not the asrock, can you make a suggestion?
    I'm really interested in onboard wireless connectivity but it's not essential as I can just add the adapter card for 45$ nbd.
    eric9000k said: View Post
    lol ok I'm dumb. . thought that was an ASUS board.
    People have been telling me to get an asus board all day and I pick the wrong brand.

    Here's the link to the final build. HAL 2.0 - eric9000ks Saved Part List - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core, GeForce GT 1030 2GB Low Profile, 750D ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker Canada
    I'm going to start buying as soon as this evening. Would really appreciate a final stamp of approval, will mark as solved and be on my way.

    to be honest this last build you have there i don't think i'd change a thing, and it's 800 cheaper.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 Nov 2017 #16

    Should be a nice board.....the build I did for my wife is on an ASROCK board and it is solid......
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    19 Nov 2017 #17

    My 2 cents: First no need for a low profile GPU with that nice tower. Next, I would switch out the GTX 1030 to at lease a minimum of a GTX 1060. For $100 more you can't go wrong. Next, upgrade your PSU to 750 watts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    19 Nov 2017 #18

    I've been advised to get the Black Edition of the HDD instead of Gold, which bumps the price up another 30 bucks...
    Other than that the list was missing external storage, must have been tinkering with two copies. I think I've got it all consolidated. Added WD Elements 2 TB backup drive for $130
    xXWhackerXx said: View Post
    to be honest this last build you have there i don't think i'd change a thing, and it's 800 cheaper.
    Yeah! I'm pumped about it now. I was totally lost this morning (obviously) but am feeling pretty confident about this now. Thx for the advice.
    Plankton said: View Post
    My 2 cents: First no need for a low profile GPU with that nice tower. Next, I would switch out the GTX 1030 to at lease a minimum of a GTX 1060. For $100 more you can't go wrong. Next, upgrade your PSU to 750 watts.
    The system is at 209 W as is, but I'm going to make s'more changes in the years to come.
    If anything I was considering downgrading the power supply. lol
    Ok I had a look at the 1060 models and the cheapest on the list was like 250 or something, compared to the 90 dollar unit I have. Gonna be honest, on this, I am going to cheap out. Will I regret it later? (only Steve Jobs knows)

    ----LAST QUESTION----

    I get a compatibility note that my SSD shares bandwidth with 2 SATA ports thus effectively disabling them as long as the SSD is installed. Is this correct? Do I need to worry about this? It should be a simple thing to just search up and figure out on my own but I don't want to arrive at the wrong answer through carelessness, so better just ask. I guess it's a simple matter of knowing how many ports are available and how many I intend to use.

    Another question - nobody thinks I should add at least one more fan?

    Here's the most current parts list...after considering all recommendations. The compatibility warning is visible at the bottom.
    HAL 2.0 - eric9000ks Saved Part List - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core, GeForce GT 1030 2GB Low Profile, 750D ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker Canada

    A grand total of 1873 CDN. Not bad! Thanks to all for the advice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    19 Nov 2017 #19

    eric9000k said: View Post
    Thanks, so if not the asrock, can you make a suggestion?
    I'm really interested in onboard wireless connectivity but it's not essential as I can just add the adapter card for 45$ nbd.
    Before you think Asrock is Garbage it's actually a long trusted brand i have owned many Asus but in the end my Heart belongs to Asrock
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 137
    10 Pro 16299.248 64 Bit
       19 Nov 2017 #20

    my specs are lower that that and i know they push 450 watts when i had just two more internal hdd's,cause in less than a year i replace two good psu's cause of too heavy a load. if anything with a psu go for the overkill so if you add anything else internally the psu won't get overloaded.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
I'm facing a very weird problem with Windows 10 on my new laptop. Every time I boot up or even wake from hibernate, my keyboard repeat rate gets reset to the slowest setting. I notice this only when I start using word or email. The weirder thing...
Solved Rate my build in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Actuall pc LukeDaDuke2017 - Saved Part Lists - PCPartPicker Mouse and keyboard https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NLZUM36/ref=psdcmw_1194464_t2_B01CDYAF28 Im going to get a $120 used ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor...
Rate my PC Build in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hey! You can use this forum post to have other's rate your PC build and give advice! (In order to make it easier for others, try to have it on a website that organizes parts like PCPartPicker.)
Start up Time Build 10166 in Windows Insider
I'm been running all builds of Windows 10 on a 1TB Western Digital Green Caviar drive which is not particularly fast, but after last nights upgrade from 10158 to 10166, it appears a lot slower. 7 Secs from the BIOS screen to Windows 10 logo 15...
Time since last build in Chillout Room
Since last build... Generic Calendar/Clock - Time since Jan 23, 2015 started in Annapolis
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54.
Find Us