Windows 10: 2017 Hardware Thread [2]

Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 10,709
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       19 Nov 2017 #441

    I've done it several times on Windows 7 and it works perfectly. I tried it twice on Windows 10 back in the pre release days. Once it worked and once it didn't. At that time I believe it was, it will work if you are on a clean install. If you are on an upgraded version it won't work. Things may be different now that a lot of changes have been made since then.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    19 Nov 2017 #442


    Wow this guy said what i've said for a minute people who bought into Z270 got burned
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,282
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2017 #443

    essenbe said: View Post
    I've done it several times on Windows 7 and it works perfectly. I tried it twice on Windows 10 back in the pre release days. Once it worked and once it didn't. At that time I believe it was, it will work if you are on a clean install. If you are on an upgraded version it won't work. Things may be different now that a lot of changes have been made since then.
    Ok, then I will prepare two M.2's and try both ways, but I will have a USB handy it I need to clean install(I really hope that won't be needed though, 84 regular programs, and 40 UWP apps....the thought makes me shudder).
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,299
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       19 Nov 2017 #444

    Hi,
    All I did was insert the same ssd with the original install of 7 and 10
    The 7 reactivated no issue it was a retail
    10 I had to feed it another activation key = another win-7 pro key and it activated
    All the stuff in that link I did not have to do :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,299
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       19 Nov 2017 #445

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    Hi,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       19 Nov 2017 #446

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    Attachment 164631It Happened
    Isn't that rad upside down??? or the fans are "pulling"?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,282
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2017 #447

    badrobot said: View Post
    Isn't that rad upside down??? or the fans are "pulling"?
    If he's water cooling, pulling air in from the back fan makes a lot of sense. It blows air on the VRMs, so they don't throttle the BCLK:)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 10,709
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       19 Nov 2017 #448

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    Wow this guy said what i've said for a minute people who bought into Z270 got burned
    Tommy, that's crap. When the technology improves, so does the board. Look at the features you have now you didn't have on the Z170 board. Your 6700K wouldn't do, as you said, 4.7 out of the box would it. You had a good chip if you could get 5 GHz on a 6700K. Now you get a almost guaranteed 5+ Ghz on almost all CPUs as well as 50% more cores. It's the age old argument about technology improvements. It takes new equipment to do it. I didn't have one, but I thought the Z270 and the 7700K was a good improvement. The Z370 is even much better, but changes are required to get the improvements. Otherwise, technology would be stagnant.

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Hi,
    All I did was insert the same ssd with the original install of 7 and 10
    The 7 reactivated no issue it was a retail
    10 I had to feed it another activation key = another win-7 pro key and it activated
    All the stuff in that link I did not have to do :)
    Mike all it does is strip all the old drivers out of the system and lets Windows install new ones just like it was a new install. That tutorial sounds like a lot but it actually takes about 3 minutes to do it and you won't have drivers from 2 chipsets in the system. If it works on 10 it would be well worth doing. It's very quick and easy.

    Yes, it will usually work without doing that, but I think you are better off doing it. It keeps all the software and personal data from the old drive. It's almost like a clean install without having to reinstall everything.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 20,282
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2017 #449

    essenbe said: View Post
    Tommy, that's crap. When the technology improves, so does the board. Look at the features you have now you didn't have on the Z170 board. Your 6700K wouldn't do, as you said, 4.7 out of the box would it. You had a good chip if you could get 5 GHz on a 6700K. Now you get a almost guaranteed 5+ Ghz on almost all CPUs as well as 50% more cores. It's the age old argument about technology improvements. It takes new equipment to do it. I didn't have one, but I thought the Z270 and the 7700K was a good improvement. The Z370 is even much better, but changes are required to get the improvements. Otherwise, technology would be stagnant.



    .
    One thing all you gamers and overclocker also missed mentioning about the Z270 & 7th gen CPUs:
    They also got more security built in(the 8th gen even more again) and you could run Netflix UHD too(if you wanted....blech), plus you also got Optane for your HDDs with kaby. I don't think that was so bad.

    Here is the comparison for 8700 7700 6700 K series, and expand all the boxes and you'll see: Compare Products
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       19 Nov 2017 #450

    DEEPCOOL Tech Support Experience

    Last Aug 2016, I purchased a Deepcool Genome case from Newegg.
    This one:
    [IMG][/IMG]

    It came with a built-in 360 liquid cooler.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liquidcooler.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	357.5 KB 
ID:	164645

    And the cooler died earlier this month (after more than a year).

    So I sent an email to Deepcool support site and I got a reply (from Hong Kong tech support) the next day asking for photos of the "dead" cooler. I also sent them a video link just to give them a better understanding of the problem. Then I got a reply that a replacement cooler will be sent (coming from California, USA) . That's it. Everything is done in a few days. Then after a week I got the replacement cooler.
    Deepcool tech support is so easy to deal with.

    Now my system is back and running again...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171118_184257.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	702.1 KB 
ID:	164647

    And while it was down, I had a chance to deep clean everything... haha...



      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
    Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
    Source: Watch Microsoft Edge Web Summit 2017 live on Channel 9 - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog
    Read more: PlayStation at E3 2017 Game - PlayStation live.playstation.com PlayStation (@PlayStation) | Twitter See also: E3 2017 | Electronic Entertainment Expo - June 13-15, 2017 E3 Live Schedule
    Read more: E3 2017: All The EA Press Conference News From EA Play See also: E3 2017 | Electronic Entertainment Expo - June 13-15, 2017 E3 Live Schedule Also Watch from E3 2017:
    See: Microsoft Build 2017 Featured Program Guide Microsoft Build 2017 Session Catalog Build 2017 Channel 9 Windows Build 2017 - Windows app development
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:51.
    Find Us