Windows 10: 2017 Hardware Thread [2]

Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Nov 2017 #421

    Just got it up and going right off The Bat turbo'ed up to 4.7Ghz off the strength unreal

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8700k.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	164587
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    18 Nov 2017 #422

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    Just got it up and going right off The Bat turbo'ed up to 4.7Ghz off the strength unreal

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8700k.PNG 
Views:	1 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	164587
    Those idle temps are pretty much standard these days. What do they look like under load?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Nov 2017 #423

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    Those idle temps are pretty much standard these days. What do they look like under load?
    High 50's i am still testing it out and figuring out the bios even though i am used to Asrock Bios it has a lot more features now
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,633
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2017 #424

    I spent quite a bit of time this morning while the sun was shining bright(it's now pretty overcast again), doing a little prep work for when my order get's here, even though I may have to wait longer for the CPU itself.

    I pulled out the static LED strips I was using, and one of the three fans I had connected directly to the PSU, and used a splitter and connected the remaining two to the motherboard.

    That way when the PSU gets here, I can start running the cables, without extraneous, not absolutely needed wiring in the way, and just unplug my old motherboard, and plug the stuff into the new one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    19 Nov 2017 #425

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I spent quite a bit of time this morning while the sun was shining bright(it's now pretty overcast again), doing a little prep work for when my order get's here, even though I may have to wait longer for the CPU itself.

    I pulled out the static LED strips I was using, and one of the three fans I had connected directly to the PSU, and used a splitter and connected the remaining two to the motherboard.

    That way when the PSU gets here, I can start running the cables, without extraneous, not absolutely needed wiring in the way, and just unplug my old motherboard, and plug the stuff into the new one.
    I need to do some Bios updates i just ran straight out the Box

    I know better but hell with the new tech it should do it without updating
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    19 Nov 2017 #426

    As you found out the PC booted and ran with the stock BIOS without issue. That said, I would also update the BIOS anyway to quell any strange issues that could pop up later.

    BTW nice temps at load if that's true. How long? I remember back in the days when we were overclocking we always showed the CPU running with a load under Prime 95 to show how well the heat was kept under control. Don't see those much anymore.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,826
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       19 Nov 2017 #427

    solarstarshines said: View Post
    I need to do some Bios updates i just ran straight out the Box

    I know better but hell with the new tech it should do it without updating
    Hi,
    Yes it should be fine for a little while otherwise they never would of sold it with the older bios :)

    Looks good but it does not exist until pictures are posted
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    19 Nov 2017 #428

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Hi,
    Yes it should be fine for a little while otherwise they never would of sold it with the older bios :)

    Looks good but it does not exist until pictures are posted
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z370.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	580.7 KB 
ID:	164631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z3701.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	622.7 KB 
ID:	164632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bios.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	164633
    It Happened
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 55555.PNG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    19 Nov 2017 #429

    My phone takes crappy video of the RGB sorry

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,633
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2017 #430

    Hey Tommy, do you just move your old system disk to the new machine, and let Windows make adjustments for the drivers, or do you do a clean install?


    I was thinking of running slmgr /upk before taking my current build apart, moving the system disk(M.2) to the new board and seeing of it boots,

    OR...

    The better choice, after running slmgr /upk, then run %windir%System32SysprepSysprep.exe

    Choose ‘Enter System Out-of-Box-Experience (OOBE)’ for ‘System Cleanup Action’, select the check box ‘Generalize’, select ‘Shutdown Options’ as ‘Shutdown’ and click ‘OK’.

    Then let the ‘System Preparation’ tool generalize now the Windows system setup and shutdown.

    Then disassemble this system, build the new one, move the system disk to the new one.

    Boot into Windows and let it now install the default drivers and update the system registry.

    At last it boots finally into Windows and then I need to enter all necessary information as needed at the time of a fresh installation.

    Create a user for the PC, do not put the old user name as it already exists in the system.

    The reason to create a temporary user, is for the purpose of completing the process.

    Then I can log-on with the old user name choosing from the list at the log-on screen.

    Windows now boots to default OOBE first boot desktop where all installed programs are there, also my old user profiles and folders as well.

    Lastly, NOW I can delete the temporary user profile that I have created earlier.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Related Threads
2017 Hardware Thread in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Well it's that time of year where we have some interesting new Hardware choices So Kaby-Lake has been released but honestly no need for it because Skylake performs pretty much the same or better at the same speed given Kaby-Lake can OC higher ...
Source: Watch Microsoft Edge Web Summit 2017 live on Channel 9 - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog
Read more: PlayStation at E3 2017 Game - PlayStation live.playstation.com PlayStation (@PlayStation) | Twitter See also: E3 2017 | Electronic Entertainment Expo - June 13-15, 2017 E3 Live Schedule
Read more: E3 2017: All The EA Press Conference News From EA Play See also: E3 2017 | Electronic Entertainment Expo - June 13-15, 2017 E3 Live Schedule Also Watch from E3 2017:
See: Microsoft Build 2017 Featured Program Guide Microsoft Build 2017 Session Catalog Build 2017 Channel 9 Windows Build 2017 - Windows app development
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.
Find Us