Windows 10: NEXT Kraken x62 or Corsair H115i ?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,121
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       22 Oct 2017 #31

    I've never been able to get RGB to cool my CPU at all.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,429
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1803)
    Thread Starter
       22 Oct 2017 #32

    essenbe said: View Post
    I've never been able to get RGB to cool my CPU at all.
    Less red and more blue is needed
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,619
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       22 Oct 2017 #33

    Hi,
    Acid green is clearly cooler :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    22 Oct 2017 #34

    Plankton said: View Post
    Well no kidding.....but where I was going with this is; If he is not going to OC the CPU....liquid cooling is moot. Other than OC'ing.....liquid cooling has no viable use. They are louder and the degree difference with out OC'ing is negligible. For me a 2 degree difference isn't worth the cost. Even if OC'ing the degree difference isn't that much more. Check out Linus at Linus tech tips for comparisons on AIO coolers vs air coolers.
    It was more than a 2 degree difference for me. I saw Huge Copper coolers that cost more than my H75. I doubt that some of them would fit in my case and it is quiet, I have a Haf 912 case and it is very open for fan use and It is quiet as a mouse.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    22 Oct 2017 #35

    essenbe said: View Post
    I've never been able to get RGB to cool my CPU at all.
    Corsair is turning into more of a custom color company, they even have memory that is RGB. Mouse Pads that are RGB. I really do not care what it looks like inside my case, I would much rather have great performance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    22 Oct 2017 #36

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    It was more than a 2 degree difference for me. I saw Huge Copper coolers that cost more than my H75. I doubt that some of them would fit in my case and it is quiet, I have a Haf 912 case and it is very open for fan use and It is quiet as a mouse.
    Some AIO's vary more than others but 2 -5 degrees is not significant in my book and therefore it's not cost effective. And yes, all those or are excellent points. It's hard to consider all the variables of hardware for a build.

    But it has become the latest fad or trend using the AIO's. The only advantage I see is from an aesthetic point. It does keep the inside of a case looking clean and sharp....and not to forget the bling factor for those that have the RGB feature. LOL.

    Personally, if I was to go with a water cooled setup it would be full blown with water blocks for everything. They do look cool as He#$!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Oct 2017 #37

    Plankton said: View Post
    Some AIO's vary more than others but 2 -5 degrees is not significant in my book and therefore it's not cost effective. And yes, all those or are excellent points. It's hard to consider all the variables of hardware for a build.

    But it has become the latest fad or trend using the AIO's. The only advantage I see is from an aesthetic point. It does keep the inside of a case looking clean and sharp....and not to forget the bling factor for those that have the RGB feature. LOL.

    Personally, if I was to go with a water cooled setup it would be full blown with water blocks for everything. They do look cool as He#$!
    This world is full of choices . Some make the wrong choices some do not but at the end of the day it is The Users choice to make.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. worf105's Avatar
    Posts : 2,429
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (1803)
    Thread Starter
       22 Oct 2017 #38

    Just placed order, will be with me tomorrow.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	159602
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Dude's Avatar
    Posts : 12,006
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       22 Oct 2017 #39

    Looks great Andrew
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 11,121
    Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider
       22 Oct 2017 #40

    Good Job.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Corsair RAM XMP or not? in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
hi, I'm a first time builder. I built my desktop because I wanted a computer that would be strong enough to play some piano VST programs with no glitching. I am writing to ask please for advice about RAM. I have an Asus Z270F motherboard. I...
Corsair MP500 m.2 or Samsung 960 Pro M.2 ? in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
So with so many choices of M.2 super fast ssd the ones I feel are the fastest are: Cosair MP500 : FORCE SERIES MP500: BLAZING FAST PCIe STORAGE & Samsung 960 Pro : Samsung 960 PRO M.2-2280 512GB PCI Express 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive:...
Solved Tame Corsair H100i Fan Noise in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
I have a new installation with a Corsair H100i CPU cooler. I have the radiator and two fans mounted to the top of my case (BeQuiet Silent Base 600). I use the PC for my recording studio system and even at idle the fans will sound like they are...
Corsair LPX DDR4 OC settings in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hi all, I have the following RAM: Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C14 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2400C14) in my system with the XMP profile active. I've Overclocked these to 2800Mhz with the following timings: 14-15-15-28...
Corsair RM650i Cables in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
My Corsair RM650i came with these two cables that I believe both are the link connectors that attach to motherboard. With the software I will be able to monitor performance, control fan speed from desktop and toggle single rail or multi rail...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58.
Find Us